Look at these adjectives (describing words) and decide if they talk about
• how something looks or appears (appearance);
• how something or someone feels (mood);
• or both.
angry bright busy clean clever cool dark dear dirty fast
fine funny glad good green happy hard hungry kind long
new old playful pretty short thirsty white wide yellow young
Use 10 of these adjectives to make sentences of your own.
Describe the sounds made by the following:
thunder rain fire sea aeroplane
Describe the smells of the following:
roses smoke soap old books fresh tar
Describe the feel of the following:
fur sand bone plasticine feathers
Underline the adjectives (describing words) in these sentences:
1. The little man carried the heavy box across the wide street.
2. The red house stood at the bottom of the deep valley.
3. The narrow road was long and the children were tired.
4. The log burned brightly in the old fireplace.
5. The young lady sat down on the soft, green cushion.
6. The busy bee flew to the bright flowers to gather honey.