America Moves to the City, 1865–1900
E. Putting Things in Order
Put the following events in correct order by numbering them from 1 to 5.
1. __________ Well-educated young midwesterner moves to Chicago slums and creates a vital
center of social reform and activism.
2. __________ Introduction of a new form of high-rise slum housing drastically increases the
overcrowding of the urban poor.
3. __________ Nativist organization is formed to limit the New Immigration and attack
4. __________ The formation of a new national organization signals growing strength for the
women’s suffrage movement.
5. __________ A western territory becomes the first U.S. government to grant full voting
rights to women.