AP Statistics Assignment
Types of Variables, Dot-plots, Bar Graphs, and Numerical Summaries
Due Date: Tuesday, September 06, 2011
The following tasks pertain to the toy car data set.
1. Which variables are quantitative?
2. Of those that are quantitative, which are discrete and which are continuous?
3. Which variables are categorical?
4. Are any categorical variables binary?
5. Make one bar graph that displays the number of wins (1st place finishes) for each brand.
6. Make a dot-plot for the distance traveled for all cars combined.
7. Make dot-plots for the distant traveled for each car brand separately.
8. Calculate the means and standard deviations for (a.) the distance traveled by all cars combined,
(b.) the distance traveled by HotWheels only, (c.) the distance traveled by Matchbox only, and
(d.) distance traveled by Maisto only.