AS Vocabulary Quiz
The following words are perhaps not as difficult but still problematic for some students.
Education Science and Business Social issues The arts Your IRP topic
Choose 10 vocabulary words from the list above. Using correct
write a sentence using one of the IELTS topic headings OR your IRP topic. You are encouraged to use as many different topic
headings as you can.
Each sentence will be worth two marks based on the criteria above. You may use your notes but not a dictionary.
IELTS/IRP topic word Sentence (underline word and , where necessary, collocate)
Example: approach The Singaporean approach to substance abuse is simple: they hang all drug traffickers.
1. Historical assume The ancients assumed that the globe was not round.
2. Social issues challenge It is really a challenge for a 5-year old child to take care of himself completely.
3. Biology interpret Scientists had been trying to interpret the genes to codes for hundreds of years.
4. Health issues supplement Multi-vitamins is a kind of helpful supplement of vitamins that are necessary for a
5. Social issues gender Everyone in society is equal whereas what gender he/she is.
6. Natural rely Human beings are exploring too much energy sources that they have been relied on for
issues thousands of years.
7. Geography coast People living in the coasts of seas enjoy a rainy weather.
8. Psychological attitude The efficiency of a team-work partly depends on the attitudes of its members
9. Psychological subjective There are subjective causes of his mental desease.
10. Social issues range The age of this people who commits this activity ranges from 10 to 23.