DIRECTION: Use the picture below to answer the questions that follow.
1. What is the main source of energy that drives the ecosystems?
2. Where do autotrophs get their energy?
3. What in plants makes them green?
4. What molecules are required for photosynthesis to occur?
5. What molecules are produced by photosynthesis?
6. What molecules are used for cellular respiration?
7. Where did the molecules for cellular respiration come from?
8. What molecules are produced by cellular respiration?
9. Where did the molecules for photosynthesis come from?
10. How is energy stored in heterotrophs?
11. In what form is energy lost in an ecosystem?
12. Write an equation for photosynthesis. (reactants on left products on right)
13. Write an equation for cellular respiration. (reactants on left products on right)
14. How are the equations for photosynthesis and cellular respiration related?