✔ ✔ ✔
ME FA L L
RIN G UM R
NUTRIENTS IN SPINACH: QUICK FIX TIPS:
Vitamins: A, C, folate, and K; iron,
magnesium, manganese, and potassium. • Use spinach in sandwiches and burgers.
SELECTION: • Add a handful of chopped spinach to
Choose fresh, green bunches with no pasta and canned soups just before
yellow leaves. Eat raw or cooked. cooking is complete.
STORAGE: • Sauté about 5 cups of newly washed
Loosely wrap in damp paper towel. spinach and 1 clove chopped garlic in
Refrigerate in plastic bag for use within 1 teaspoon oil. You’ll have a great side
3-5 days. Wash well before using, since dish!
sand and dirt collect while spinach
is growing. Remove roots if attached.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cups of Fruits &
Serves: 4 Veggies per Serving: 1
Ingredients: Preparation: Nutritional Information
• 2 cups (4oz.) uncooked bow tie 1. Cook pasta according to
pasta directions on package; drain. Calories:211; Total Fat:6.9g;
• 1 pound baby spinach, rinsed 2. Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons Dietary Fiber:4g; Sodium:211mg
• 3 tbsp Ranch or Italian salad water in a large skillet.
dressing 3. Fill pan with spinach, adding
• 1/8 tsp black pepper more as it shrinks.
• 2 tbsp shredded, reduced-fat 4. Cook on MED heat for 6-8
cheddar cheese minutes until wilted.
5. Add cooked pasta, black pepper,
and salad dressing; mix well.
6. Top with shredded cheese.
Recipe is courtesy of Produce for Better Health Foundation (PBH).
Your Logo Here