Technology and Assessment
17 June 2010
1. Sleep Hygiene: http://www.queendom.com/tests/access_page/index.htm?idRegTest=728
2. This site was very easy to use and did not take too much time to complete the test. It is very
useful because most people do not think twice about how they sleep or why they can’t sleep.
This could help people take the initiative to go to the doctors about a possible sleeping disorder.
3. To improve the technology of this website, they should have the final calculator on every page
with the progress shown by the answers you give. For instance there are about 5 pages of
questions. If after every page it calculates your sleep score, you can see how the answers to the
questions on the page before that affected your sleep score giving you more detailed results.
4. This site only has to do with the quiz. They should offer more information for the people taking
the tests. If I wasn’t assigned to take this test I would not have taken it. They need to make it
more appealing and give the viewer more reasons why they should take the test.
5. I feel that the score I was given was not accurate. I got 51 out of 100. I do not feel that my sleep
habits are that bad. Also, I usually never have trouble waking up in the morning or staying
awake during the day. This leads me to believe that my score was not as accurate as it could
6. As a health teacher I could have all of my students take this test. It will be interesting for them
to see how their daily actions affect their sleep. I would also make them write a reaction paper
on their results.
7. I felt that the questions asked were very relevant to the test. I was asked about things I do
before I go to bed, and about my type of sleep and the environment which I sleep in. This can
definitely have an effect on how healthy I sleep. I was given 51 out of 100, so I feel that it was
somewhat inaccurate but the thought of the test was definitely there.
1. What’s Your Real Age : http://www.realage.com
2. This site seems to be very useful. It is very appealing and has a big button that you click to start
the test. It is useful because it is good to see what your body needs more or less of in order to
3. Technology wise this site is pretty up to date. If I had to improve something about it, I would
show average answers per age for certain questions. For instance the question about working
out should have options such as an average athlete works out this many times a week for this
amount of time.
4. This test was extremely detailed. I feel that it should have been dulled down a little bit. It looks
good that they have all of this information but it is somewhat overwhelming to the viewer. I feel
that they should generalize the information more.
5. The information give was very accurate it asked a lot of questions pertaining to the different
aspects of life such as health, relationships, exercise, and other groups. This allowed them to see
all different factors affecting your real age.
6. As a health teacher I could have my students take this test. This will show them how their daily
choices affect their real age. They could then write a reaction on how they feel about their
results and what they want to improve on.
7. This test did not identify me well. The test said that my real age was 14! I have 4 back diseases
including arthritis and a bulging disk. Also it didn’t factor is my 2 major surgeries and multiple
injuries. This test was very inaccurate and took very long. I was very disappointed in my results.
1. Tobacco and Alcohol : http://www.harcourtschool.com/activity/hstats/index.html
2. This website is not very useful at all. It consists of about 5 questions in a so called “quiz.” The
main page is very plain. There are no links to anything. It does not offer anything except this
3. The quiz can mark if you got the answers wrong and give you a total score. The way this website
works is that it allows you to keep guessing the answers until you get it right. At the end of the
quiz it says “you’ve got every answer right.” This is false because I may not have guessed the
right answer the first time for them.
4. This website needs a lot more content. The website is very boring with a lack of information.
They could add a lot more questions to this quiz. It only takes about 30 seconds to take at this
time because there are only about 5 questions. The more questions offered the more
knowledgeable the viewer will be about the topics.
5. The information was very accurate. After every correct answer, the website explained why that
answer was correct. This gives the viewer more information about the answer to the question
and helps the viewer retain the information especially if they got the question wrong initially.
6. I honestly do not feel that I would ever use this website for my health classes. If I had to though,
I would put it on the projector and have the class answer it together. This could be an intro to
my lessons on alcohol and smoking. Otherwise, I would not use this site at all.
7. As I have said in previous answers the quiz was very plain looking and only consisted of 5
questions. The quiz allowed you to click every answer until you got the right one and also
congratulated you for getting every answer correct at the end. This is not a useful website to
me. There needs to be a lot of improvements on this website until I use this in my classroom.
1. Sleep Quiz: http://www.intelihealth.com/cgi-
2. I really like this website. The site includes a test which consists of 10 questions. They are all true
or false and all offered on the same page. I like this better than having to “continue to next
page” because you never know when it will finally be done.
3. The only thing I would add to the technology of this page is either a few pictures or animation
on the quiz page. The quiz is very good but anything looks better with more color and pictures.
Otherwise, I feel that there is not a lot more to improve on this site.
4. After the quiz the site tells you if you are correct, and how many people answered the way you
did. Also, it says why the answer is what it is with an explanation. The only thing I would change
about this is that the words are very small and cluttered. This makes it hard for the viewer to
know which ones they have gotten right or wrong. I would space each question out if I were
5. The information that the website offered was very accurate. It gave clear informative
explanations on why the answer was true or false. It also has a disclaimer at the bottom of the
page saying that “This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health
information.” This also makes me believe that the information is credible.
6. As a health teacher I can definitely use this quiz in my class. This topic can be used in the lessons
on sleep and sleeping disorders. I can have the students take the quiz in groups this way they
can discuss their answers with their group to come up with the right answer. I feel that by
having the students defend their answers, they will learn about assertiveness and confidence.
7. The test on this website was perfect. It was 10 questions which is just enough and they were all
located on the same page. This lets the viewer know exactly how many questions they will be
answering and how much time they need to invest on it. Also, after the test the answers are
given right to you. There are websites which make you put your email in and then get answers.
This is very inconvenient and time consuming. That is why I like the way this site is presented.
1. Health Risk: http://www.yourdiseaserisk.wustl.edu/
2. At first glance this site is very colorful and full of information, colors, and pictures. This site is
very appealing to the eyes and mind. It offers 5 different quizzes to see if you are at risk for
cancer, diabetes, heart attack, stroke, or osteoporosis. I like all of the different options give to
3. If I could change any technology on the site I would change the fact that after every question
you have to click next. This doesn’t let you know how many questions you will be asked or how
long the assessment is going to take.
4. I would add information on why the answers u chose affect your vulnerability to these diseases.
This way the viewer will know what changes need to be made in their lives to avoid these
5. All of the information on this site was very accurate and useful. There were a lot of links to even
more information which would be helpful to the viewer as well. I like how they give a list of the
top 8 ways to prevent these diseases as well.
6. I would like to use this website in my health classes. This website may show my students that
they are at a high risk for these diseases. This could give them awareness and allow them to
seek medical help early. This website could even save their lives. I can definitely see myself
having my students taking these quizzes.
7. I took the heart disease quiz. I did not like the way that there was only one question on each
page. This got annoying after the first few. I do like all of the information they take into a factor
as they are asking you the questions. They really get to personalize each test for each person. I
also liked the results page. It told you what your risk level means and what you can do to