Halton Hills Public Library Branches Adult Programs
We offer a variety of programs for adults throughout the year.
Acton Branch Georgetown Branch
Please call your local branch for details or visit www.hhpl.on.ca
17 River Street 9 Church Street
Acton, ON L7J 1C2 Georgetown, ON L7G 2A3 Technology Made Simple
519-853-0301 905-873-2681 A free computer workshop series that is offered monthly.
Library Hours Temporary Location: Business Consultant on Site
Tue-Thur: 9:30am to 8:30pm 224 Maple Ave, Receive free business advice from the Halton Region Business
Fri-Sat: 9:30am to 5:00pm Georgetown, ON L7G 1X2 Development Centre in starting or expanding your small business.
Sun: 1:00-5:00pm Oct-May Small Business Seminars
(Georgetown Branch only) Offered in partnership with the Halton Region Business
Closed Mondays Development Centre, these seminars provide a solid under-
standing of the essentials of small business.
Canadian Federation of University Women
www.hhpl.on.ca We are pleased to co-sponsor a variety of programs with the
Canadian Federation of University Women.
How to Register for Membership:
Library cards are free to anyone who lives, works, attends Career Information Specialists from The Centre for Skills
school, or pays local property taxes in Halton Hills, or to any- Development & Training provide free consultations for
one holding a library card in the Regions of Halton, Wellington job seekers on the second Tuesday of every other month,
or Peel. You must show identification with your name and between 1 & 4 p.m.
address at time of registration.
Coffee, Books and Conversation
A program for book-lovers that meets once a month.
Halton Hills Public Library Services
• We are more than just books! We have DVDs, CDs, video Children’s Programs
games, online databases, historical materials and more.
•The eBook and Audiobook Download Centre has digital Merry Christmas Storytime
eBooks and audiobooks for you to download and transfer to Celebrate Christmas at the Acton Branch on Tuesday,
your eReader, iPod or other portable device, 24/7! Access it December 13 at 7 p.m. with stories, hot chocolate and songs.
online at http://downloadcentre.library.on.ca
• Library on Wheels delivers materials to qualified December is Lego time in the Georgetown Branch. Drop off
homebound individuals, seniors’ residences and care your entry between December 13 & 17; voting takes place
facilities. between December 18 & 24.
• Information Services offers reference help, interlibrary loan
services and reader’s advice. Munch to the Movies P.A. Days
Looking for something to do on a P.A. Day? Kids can bring
• Free public Internet access computers are available and their lunch and watch a film.
include word-processing and printing capabilities.
• WiFi Free wireless Internet is available at both branches.
FREE Healthy Lifestyle Workshops at Acton Library
• Access our online catalogue from home! You can search
the library catalogue, renew and reserve items, and track Home Exercise Program for Strength and Flexibility
your borrowing too. You can even rate titles, make lists and Thu Oct. 13 1:30-3:30 pm
connect with other users. Learn exercises to do at home to keep you mobile, improve
flexibility, and reduce fall risk
Volunteers Bone Health – Eating and Activity
The Library LOVES volunteers! Please visit Wed Nov 16 6:30-8:30 pm
www.hhpl.on.ca/Teens.asp for more information. Learn about nutrition and exercise for building better bones
Workshops are free; registration is required; reserve your spot
by calling 519.853.0301 ext. 2550.
Preschool Drop-In Programs Register online or in person for
Pre-Registered Library Programs
• For parents and young children to enjoy together Fall Registration begins September 6, 2011
• 30 minutes of music, stories and fun Winter Registration begins December 6, 2011
• Offered at the Georgetown Branch, the Acton Hub
(McKenzie-Smith Bennett School) and Gellert Community
Online Registration Has its Benefits!
Sleepytime Stories • Register for Library preschool programs and Recreation &
* Children can wear their pajamas to this program full of stories, Parks programs
music and fun • Save time and have access to program
* A free 30 minute program for parents and young children registration at your convenience
to enjoy together
• Re ce ive im m e diate co nf irm atio n re g a rdin g th e
Preschool Pre-Registered Programs status of your registration
• Take an active role with your 6 to 23 month old in this How do I Register?
engaging 20 minute program that combines music, rhythm, 1. Online with Reg-e
rhymes and movement To register you need a Family PIN. If you do not have a PIN,
• One child per adult strongly recommended complete the form electronically at http://www.haltonhills.ca/
Tales For Twos recandparks/pin-request/ Forms can also be picked up at any
• This interactive 25 minute program for you and your two- Town facility including the two library locations.
year-old (24-35 months) includes picture books, felt board
To register for library programs online, visit the library’s
stories, rhymes, music, puppets, activities and creative
website at www.hhpl.on.ca.
• One child per adult strongly recommended 2. In-person
Library Lion Tales To register in person, simply visit either branch of Halton Hills
• Lion Tales is a children-only program for ages 3-5, where Public Library and speak to a staff member.
preschoolers enjoy 30 minutes of stories, songs, activities,
games and crafts
• Caregivers must remain in the building during the program
Program Age Location Day Time Fall Dates Winter Dates
Library Lion Tales 3-5 years GTN Tue 9:45am Oct 11 to Nov 9 Jan 10 to Feb 28
GTN Tue 2:00pm Oct 11 to Nov 9 Jan 10 to Feb 28
GTN Wed 10:45am Oct 12 to Nov 30 Jan 11 to Feb 29
GTN Wed 2:00pm Oct 12 to Nov 30 Jan 11 to Feb 29
GTN Thu 9:45am Oct 13 to Dec 1 Jan 12 - Mar 1
ACT Thu 9:45am Oct 13 to Dec 1 Jan 12 - Mar 1
Tales for Twos 24-35 mths GTN Thu 10:45am Oct 13 to Nov 7 Jan 12 to Feb 16
ACT Fri 9:45am Oct 14 to Nov 8 Jan 13 to Feb 17
Baby Tales 6-23 mths GCC Tue 10:30am Oct 11 to Nov 15 Jan 10 to Feb 14
GTN Fri 9:45am Oct 14 to Nov 18 Jan 13 to Feb 17
ACT Wed 9:45am Oct 12 to Nov 16 Jan 11 to Feb 15
DROP-IN PROGRAMS – No Registration Required
Program Age Location Day Time Fall Dates Winter Dates
Family Storytime GTN Wed 9:45am Oct 12 to Nov 30 Jan 11 to Feb 29
GCC Fri 10:30am Oct 14 to Dec 2 Jan 13 to Mar 2
GTN Sat 11:00am Oct 15 to Dec 3 Jan 14 to Mar 3
HUB Wed 2:00pm Oct 12 to Nov 30 Jan 11 to Feb 29
Sleepytime Stories GTN Wed 7:00pm Oct 12 to Nov 30 Jan 11 to Feb 29
ACT-Acton Library GCC- Gellert Community Centre GTN-Georgetown Library HUB- Acton Hub