Pre lab questions:
Read the “Acids and Bases” section of the textbook on P. 43-44. Study the diagram on P. 43
about the pH scale.
Search the Internet to answer the following questions:
1. What does pH mean?
2. What is the pH range of an acid?
3. What is the pH range of a base?
4. What happens when an acid and a base are combined?
5. What is the pH of battery acid?
6. What are some common uses of strong acids and bases?
7. What is the pH of stomach acid?
8. Describe the human health condition of acid reflux?
9. What do antacids, such as Tums, do for the body?
10. What causes tooth decay?
11. What pH do you think tooth paste might be?