Food Chain Pyramid Foldable
(Adapted from Dinah’s Zike’s Big Book of Science)
3 Different colored pieces of Construction Paper (any size will work, but the larger pieces
1 Yellow piece of construction paper
Consumer, Producer, Decomposer-Labels
Making the Foldable:
1) Fold a sheet of paper in to a taco, forming a square. Cut off the excess rectangular tab
formed by the fold.
2) Open the folded taco and refold it the opposite way forming another taco and an “X”-
3) Cut one of the folds to the center of the X, or to the midpoint, and stop. This forms
two triangular shaped flaps.
4) Glue one of the flaps under the other, forming a pyramid.
5) Repeat with the other two pieces of paper.
6) Cut three circles, about 3 inches in diameter, out of the yellow paper. Label each of
these circles “Sun.”
7) Place a label inside and in the center of each inverted pyramid.
8) Inside each pyramid write the “book” definition on one side of the pyramid
9) On the other side of the pyramid rewrite the definition in student terms.
10) On the bottom of the pyramid glue or tape pictures of the: Producers, Consumers, or
11) Tape or glue the three pyramids together.
12) Glue a sun to the top of each pyramid.