Plant and Animal Cell Brochure, Cereal Box or Other
Purpose: To create an informative creation that someone could use to learn
(1) about the differences between plant and animal cells, and
(2) the functions of the different cell structures and organelles.
One for each pair of students.
Instructions for brochure:
1. Fold paper like an accordion into three equal parts (2 folds)
2. Front: Introduce reader to the brochure in an informative and eye-catching way
3. Inside and back should include the following:
i. A list of structures and functions of organelles common to BOTH plant and animal cells
ii. List of structures and organelles special to PLANT cells
iii. List of structures and organelles special to ANIMAL cells
iv. Labeled picture of PLANT cell
v. Labeled picture of ANIMAL cell
Instructions for cereal box or other:
1. Be creative
2. For either, be sure to include all the same parts as the brochure described above
3. Cereal box—use all surfaces of the box to fulfill all parts of the assignment
4. Other options include 3-D models, large poster, pamphlet, etc.
Neatness and Design 5
Followed instructions 5
Accuracy (information correct and 10