POST NUMBER AF RESPER 0110
CLOSING DATE: 20 OCTOBER 2010
HEADQUARTERS / UNIT: HQ ISAF
LOCATION: KABUL, AFGHANISTAN
JOB TITLE: STAFF ASSISTANT CRISIS ESTABLISHMENT POST
GRADE: ICC IIA
The benefit package includes:
- € 5017.00 monthly salary, tax-free in the host country.
- € 74.04 per day spent in the Theatre
(€ 42.31 Hazard allowance + € 31.73 austere living allowance).
- Installation allowance equal to one-month salary
(50% to be reimbursed if not completing two consecutive years of service).
- Accommodation in the Camp, free of charge.
- Meals of good quality available to purchase.
- Laundry at nominal charge.
- Two days of annual leave per month.
- Start of Tour & End of Tour paid transportation.
- 5 + 2 days “Leave from Theatre” plus reimbursement of ticket
up to € 1000.00 for every 6 months spent in the Theatre.
- Medical Insurance from Van Breda International, small fee charged.
PART II – CE DUTIES
A. Post Context:
CJ1 is the focal point for all personnel matters within the HQ ISAF and the Subordinate
Commands (workforce of approximately 2500 personnel). This post will assist the Staff
Officer CE Post Management to manage all aspects of the Crisis Establishment posts.
B. Reports to:
Staff Officer Crisis Establishment Post Management.
C. Principal Duties:
- Assist Staff Officer Coord and Operations.
- Manage the HQ ISAF and Subordinate Commands job description library.
- Manage the CE Posts Management tasks trackers, including the job description and
crisis establishment change request task trackers.
- Staff out-of-cycle CE change requests as required.
- Coordinate the annual review of ISAF job descriptions.
- Staff out-of-cycle job description changes.
- Maintain the CJ1 master ISAF organisation structure diagrams and Statements of
Functions (missions and tasks) and staff amendments if/when the structure changes.
- Prepare and staff requests other request as required.
- Assist the SO CE Post Management to develop the crisis establishment as part of the
annual crisis establishment development cycle.
- Prepare and present briefs to senior ISAF and NATO staff on crisis establishment
issues including recommending staffing priorities.
- Be prepared to act as the SO CE Post Management as required.
D. Additional Duties:
- Performs other related duties as directed.
PART III - QUALIFICATIONS
A. Essential Qualifications:
1. Professional / Experience:
- At least five years experience working in the professional field of human resource
management and administration, with at least two years in experience in
establishment design and post management.
- Practical experience with office automation software packages, to include word
processing, databases, spreadsheet and presentation software applications.
2. Education / Training:
- Vocational training or equivalent in Human Resource Management or related field.
3. Security Clearance:
- NATO SECRET.
4. Language (Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing, according STANAG 6001).
English: SLP 3344 (Good)
The normal working language within the organisation is English.
5. Standard Automated Data Processing (ADP) Knowledge:
a. Word Processing : Working Knowledge
b. Spreadsheet : Advanced Knowledge
c. Graphic Presentation : Working Knowledge
d. Database : Working Knowledge
B. Desirable Qualifications:
- Undergraduate University Degree in Human Resource Management or related field.
- Previous experience in a NATO military body.
- At least two years experience in a military or large international organization.
- Previous experience working with NATO manpower establishment procedures.
2. Education / Training:
English: 4343 (Very Good)
C. CIVILIAN POST
1. Personal Attributes:
- The person who fills this post must be a mature and experienced person, who
displays sound judgement, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and
unquestionable integrity. This person must be a highly motivated individual. This
person must demonstrate the ability to work as part of a wider human resource
management team characterised by cultural, linguistic, ethnic and professional
diversity. This person must have a comprehensive grasp of the military culture.
2. Managerial Responsibilities:
3. Professional Contacts:
- This person establishes and maintains positive working relations with all staff and
Commanders with NATO and outside the organisation, and with professional peers
responsible for manpower within ISAF and higher headquarters.
4. Contribution to the Objectives:
- This person provides high levels of customer service and support. This person
participates in the development of the Crisis Establishment for ISAF.
5. Work Environment:
- Multinational, multicultural environment.
- Living conditions in Kabul are rudimentary and lodging is arranged most probably on
the military compound.
- May be required to undertake operational deployments and/or TDY assignments both
within and without NATO’s boundaries
- Initial 12 month contract with possible extensions.
- Because of the dynamic environment, ISAF CE posts are under regular review
and therefore job contents, including contract duration and contractual grade
may change during the contractual period.