1. Choose your volcano using the links and
famous volcano list provided.
2. Research your volcano's history and describe
what it looks like using the internet, books, and
3. Using your research, write two paragraphs:
• Paragraph 1: Describing the Volcano
• Paragraph 2. The History
• Each paragraph must be at least five
• The final copy must be typed or cursive.
4. Sketch the volcano and plan on how to make
the model. Refer to the packet of examples and
ideas given in class.
5. The model must:
• Show the inside and outside of the volcano.
• Display the name of the volcano and your
• Have labeled parts:
o Crater, lava, magma, magma chamber,
• Be sturdy for transport
• Be able to be carried by a student
• Not include glass or perishable items
6. When finished the model write your third
paragraph. This paragraph will describe how you
made the model of the volcano.
7. Follow all directions listed and each project
will count as two test grades. A rubric is attached
to show how the project will be graded.
DUE DATE _____________________________
Name_____________ Date: Marking Period
Volcano Project Evaluation Sheet
Part 1: The Model
Inside (detailed) _____
Outside (detailed) _____
Title (displayed _____
Grade for Model _____
Part 2: The Report
Paragraph Format _____
Typed or Cursive _____
Content of Writing _____
Grade for Report _____ %