DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY
UNIVERSITY OF MISSISSIPPI ARMY ROTC
PO BOX 127
UNIVERSITY MS 38677-1848
ATOW-HMS-UM 16 FEB 11
MEMORANDUM FOR RECORD
SUBJECT: Minutes for Alumni Board Meeting 16 Feb 2011
1. The purpose of this memorandum is to summarize the minutes of the Ole Miss Army ROTC
Alumni meeting. The meeting consisted of a presentation highlighting battalion
accomplishments and general alumni affairs since the last Ole Miss Alumni Board Meeting.
These minutes include significant issues discussed during this forum.
2. Attendees: MG (Ret) Chesnut, MG (Ret) Chain, COL (Ret) Allen, LTC (Ret) David Wells,
Mr. Will Lewis, LTC Abruscato, MAJ Vinzant.
3. LTC Abruscato opened the meeting with a Battalion Update Slide Show. An update of the
Battalion included a grades review, status of the program, and upcoming training events. The
Alumni Board then nominated and elected three new members to the Ole Miss Army ROTC Hall
of Fame. The three nominees are COL(Ret) David McElreath, MG William D.R. (Razz) Waff,
and Mr. Bryan Hawkins. Inductees will be notified and inducted into the Hall of Fame during
the 8 April 2011 Rebel BN Dining Out.
3. The board made a decision on the commemorative print for this year’s graduating class. The
board selected the painting entitled”Legacy of Leadership & Excellence”. The painting will be
presented during the Spring Ball on 8 April.
4. COL (Ret) Allen also presented information on the MOAA local chapter and how this
organization can provide new officers complimentary memberships and a set of gold bars for
their commissioning. LTC Abruscato will provide all required information needed to gain the
membership for the UM Army ROTC program.
5. LTC Abruscato also provided an update to the board the initiatives to gain more office and
classroom space for the Army ROTC program.
6. The board adjourned at 1700 hours.
7. The point of contact for this memorandum is the undersigned at (662)-915-7085.
JOHN L. ABRUSCATO
Printed on Recycled Paper