Job Description: Manager Online Sales & Operations
Capsim® Management Simulations Inc® designs, builds, and delivers the renowned
Capstone® Business Simulation and a suite of related business simulations to university
students and corporate executives worldwide. Participants use our simulations to
improve their business skills, running virtual companies in competitive marketplaces.
Capsim® Internet applications support the classroom environment for the instructor and
provide a decision support environment for participants.
Our clients include undergraduate and master programs at major universities and
the training & development departments of Fortune 1000 corporations.
Based in Chicago, Capsim® has been a prime mover in taking business education from
case studies to simulation-based pedagogy over the past 25 years. Our philosophy is
simple, people learn best by doing. We share that philosophy with over 500 universities,
colleges and high schools around the world and more than 40 corporations. We work
closely with our customers to determine their teaching needs and design products to
The Business Area
Capsim’s marketing and sales, product development and client support groups work
closely with our customers. To remain at the forefront of technology based learning
applications, our core values are built around client service, entrepreneurship, integrity
and trust. One of our company's key differentiators is our commitment to the service and
support of our products.
You will assess, direct and oversee Capsim’s sales and operating model in the Americas
to drive continued revenue and customer growth. You seek constant feedback from our
customers which gives you the capacity to recommend product and service
enhancements to improve customer satisfaction and sales potential. You rely on your
extensive online sales experience and excellent judgment to plan and accomplish your
In collaboration with the Director of Client Relations and the Director of Marketing &
Product Development, you develop short and long-term growth strategies and evaluate
the effectiveness of current sales and marketing initiatives.
With your creative talents and entrepreneurial spirit you will assume full responsibility for
the following tasks:
- Leverage competitive intelligence and business expertise to define and execute
strategies that improve the customer experience and drive sales via online
- Define and drive sales strategy to develop the overall customer proposition in the
short, mid and long term.
- Provide leadership and vision, integrating the online sales and support strategy
with all sales channels.
- Evaluate business and corporate development opportunities via a broad range of
qualitative and quantitative analyses.
- Develop strategic relationships within the market and execute “go to market”
- Meet with key clients, assist sales representatives in maintaining relationships,
negotiating and closing deals.
- Develop intelligence on the business simulation industry by playing current
simulations, gathering and analyzing relevant industry news and reports, and
building and maintaining a network of industry insiders.
- Direct sales forecasting activities and set performance goals accordingly.
- Analyze campaign performance statistics and recommend optimized media
- Create persuasive sales presentations using market trends, case studies and
- Ensure our clients receive the highest level of sales and operational customer
- Execute and deliver high quality responses to all RFPs.
- Establish the communications channels and business processes necessary to
effectively manage a growing operation across multiple markets.
- Provide leadership, inspiration, mentorship, guidance and career development to
members of your team.
You will have 4 to 6 years of online sales and operations experience with the ability to
exceed and grow targeted sales objectives. You have demonstrated increasing levels of
responsibility by designing and executing e-commerce strategies to drive improved
customer experience and sales growth. You have implemented website management
improvements that result in increased traffic and improved customer satisfaction. You
display original thinking and creativity, meet challenges with resourcefulness, generate
suggestions for improving work flow and develop innovative approaches and ideas. Your
willingness to make and explain the reasoning behind decisions, ability to exhibit sound
and accurate judgment and to include the appropriate people in the decision-making
process is considered your best asset. You have a proven ability to deliver results
through process-oriented, data-driven CRM tools and methods and a track record of
commitment to your role.
- You possess a Master’s degree from a leading academic institution, with
demonstrated strong academic performance and experience in a consulting firm.
Additionally, you have strong analytical, reasoning and execution skills, as well
excellent forecasting, financial modeling and valuation expertise.
- Ideally you have technical knowledge working with HTML, ad trafficking, affiliate
management tools and/or API, and most importantly a proven track record of
monetizing digital initiatives.
- Finally, you are able to balance team and individual responsibilities, exhibit
objectivity and openness to others' views, give and welcome feedback and
contribute to building a positive team spirit. You are able to work in a dynamic,
fast paced environment and have in your DNA the flexibility to assume different
roles within the company as needed.