SMOKEY BEAR DAYS 2011
1. Vendors shall comply with all the rules of this event and are asked to cooperate with the event
staff at all times. Failure to do so, or misconduct of any kind, may result in dismissal from the
2. Check in time for vendors will start at 7:30 a.m. on May 6 at Smokey Bear Historical Park.
Vendors are responsible for the setup of their individual booths. Set up must be completed by 11
a.m. on the 6th if you plan to participate on both days. You will need to supply your own tables
and chairs and we suggest that you bring a tent cover. We plan to have vendors open from 11
a.m. until 4 p.m. on Friday May 6 and from 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. on Saturday May 7, 2011.
We ask that vendors do not attempt to tear down their spaces until after 4:00 p.m. on Saturday
May 7. Tentatively, Smokey Bear Blvd. will be closed from 7:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. both days
of the event, if the vendor location is along the street.
3. Vendors are responsible for the cleanup and tear down of their own booths.
4. Vendors should respect the adjacent area booths.
5. Vendors must park their vehicles where they do not interfere with the vendor area. NO
EXCEPTIONS!! We must have adequate space for emergency vehicles if they are needed in the
6. Vendors must collect the 6.6875% gross receipts tax charged in Capitan, and are responsible
for payment. If you have not acquired a New Mexico CRS number, please contact the New
Mexico Taxation and Revenue Department. The number for the Roswell office is 575 624-6065.
You will not be able to obtain a temporary business license without a New Mexico CRS number
unless you have been waived by the NM Taxation and Revenue Department. This will be
verified prior to acceptance of the application.
7. Food vendors must have a special permit obtained through the Environmental Department and
must comply with all of their regulations. You may contact the Ruidoso office at 575 258-3272.
Please remember that no electricity or water hookups are available.
8. Vendors are required to have their own insurance coverage. We will not be responsible for
personal injuries, accidents, damages or losses sustained by vendors, concessionaires, helpers,
agents or visitors. You must send a copy of your insurance certificate with your application.
9. Please remember that this is a two day event so vendors will be required to remove
merchandise overnight. This is a requirement in order to leave vendor tents up while Smokey
Bear Blvd. is open to the traveling public.
10. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, OR NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, PLEASE
CONTACT MARILYN QUINNELL 575 354-6026. email@example.com