9th Honors English Syllabus
Lauderdale County Schools
The Reader’s Choice, published by Glencoe
In the event a student is enrolled in Ninth Grade Honors English, which is taught during a
regular course, the student requirements are listed below. Students in an advanced level
course will meet additional requirements determined by the teacher.
1. Add essay question/s and/or short answer question/s to the regular testing
format. Deductions will be made for incorrect use of grammar and
2. Literary analysis essay based on novel selection.
3. Basic research paper following MLA format.
4. Four teacher approved novels (may differ from regular class assigned
5. College preparatory vocabulary program.
6. Grammar instruction will be parallel to that of the regular curriculum.
7. Incorporate use of student based technology.
8. Incorporate student created projects.
The above curriculum guide contains the minimum additional content that must be
successfully completed for a student to receive advanced credit in ninth grade English.
Other assignments may be added by the individual teacher as deemed appropriate.