We need you to teach youth how to succeed in life through
Junior Achievement’s programs. With you as their mentor
volunteer, students will see how their schoolwork relates to the
real world, and how what they learn in school leads to their
You’ll be surprised at how easy and rewarding your volunteer
experience is! Each of the sessions contain one or two
interactive activities. The classroom teacher provides the support and discipline. Junior
Achievement provides training, lesson plans, and the engaging classroom materials -- all you
need is your enthusiasm!
How much time will it take?
The time commitment per class is 45 - 55 minutes, plus preclass preparation and one training
session in advance of the class. Usually, the visits are over a 5 - 12 week time period. You
schedule your presentation days and times directly with your teacher – it’s flexible.
Exactly what will I be doing?
• Using hands-on, age-appropriate activities to engage students.
• Using Junior Achievement’s lesson plans and pre-packaged materials.
• Helping students understand the world around them.
• Talking about the skills the students will need to succeed in the world of work.
• Enrich the curriculum with your own experiences and have fun!
What skills do I need?
• A desire to make a difference!
What other volunteers say about their Junior Achievement experience:
(Insert quote from volunteer here.)
YES! JUNIOR ACHIEVEMENT IS MY BUSINESS! I WOULD LIKE TO VOLUNTEER!
Name: ________________________________ Phone: ___________________________
Business Name: ________________________ E-mail: ___________________________
Grade/Classroom Preference or Teacher Name: ____________________________________