Girl Scouts of Gateway Council, Inc.
JOB TITLE: Fund Development Manager
POSITION PURPOSE: To develop and implement marketing,
public relations and fund development
plans in order to increase awareness and
support, both financial and participatory.
To develop relationships in the community
that will increase visibility, membership and
SUPERVISOR: Director of Development
SALARY GRADE: 5
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
MAJOR SHARED ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Working under the general direction of the Chief Executive Officer and within the
framework of council policies, goals and budget every employee of the council holds
the following accountabilities:
1. Understands and internalizes the Girl Scout Mission and Values. Is a
registered member of Girl Scouts of the USA. Ensures adherence to council
and GS USA policies, standards and procedures.
2. Actively supports and promotes the council’s and GS USA’s affirmative
action plans and their commitment to diversity, inclusion and pluralism.
3. Performs the essential duties and responsibilities of her/his staff position at
a consistently high level.
4. Understands and complies with mandatory reporting requirements
/statutes relating to child abuse.
5. Consistently seeks to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of council
operations by demonstrating positive and creative approaches to assigned
6. Provides consistent and exemplary customer service to both internal and
external customers. Actively supports and promotes all efforts to increase
cooperation, pro-active communication and collaboration between and
among staff members, volunteers and girls. Demonstrates and promotes a
climate of courtesy and professionalism at all times.
7. Understands and internalizes the importance of seeking resolution to
problems and concerns by bringing them to the direct attention of her/his
supervisor in a timely manner.
8. Supports and assists in achieving membership goals and girl
9. Supports council strategies to generate public financial support and
participates in the staff annual giving campaign.
10. Maintains strict confidentiality when handling sensitive information.
11. Demonstrates sound time management skills by effectively and efficiently
organizing, prioritizing and completing multiple assignments in a timely
MAJOR DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Increases community awareness of and support for Girl Scouting.
2. Implements the annual plan of work for fund development to be adopted by
the board of directors. Accepts and delivers the board approved plan.
3. Supervises and oversees the donor data base; provides regular and timely
4. Manages all council-sponsored fund development events (Women of
Distinction, Women Who Make a Difference, etc.)
5. Manages council-sponsored fund development events.
6. Prepares, delivers and monitors grant applications and grants received.
7. Increases the visibility Girl Scouting by participating in appropriate
community activities, and speaking at civic occasions and meetings.
8. Collaborates with all departments to remain aware of issues and trends
within the council for possible development efforts, including in-kind
9. Develops a cultivation plan for donors that increases their financial
commitment to Girl Scouts of Gateway Council.
10. Assures that accurate records of all donors and fund development activity
11. Provides data as appropriate for budget development and administration of
fund development cost center.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business management, public
relations, fund development, and/or related fields in the not-for-profit arena.
Knowledge of fund raising and role of public relations in developing ever-
increasing income streams from gifts and contributions.
Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working
relationships with volunteers and staff.
Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in
Ability to analyze facts, reach objective conclusions, stimulate, advise and
Ability to initiate ideas and plans and to stimulate others to action.
Ability to organize and carry out multifaceted work load.
Proficient in MS Office, including Word and Excel. Knowledge of Raiser’s
Edge donor software a plus.
Belief in the aims and purposes of the Girl Scout movement, and a willingness
to subscribe to the principles expressed in the Girl Scout Promise and Law.
Valid Florida driver’s license, valid auto insurance and insurable by the
Council’s auto policy insurance carrier and reliable transportation.
Ability to lift, carry or otherwise move and position objects weighing up to 20
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign
duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Contact: Karen Gordon, Director of Human Resources: kgordon@girlscouts-