Please mail completed form to:
PARKS VICTORIA National Rhododendron Gardens
Wedding Ceremony Application The Georgian Road
Pirianda Gardens Olinda VIC 3788
Phone (03) 9757 7333
A fee of $420 applies (this amount includes GST).
The booking, including set-up time, is for two hours.
Full payment is due on return of this form. Cancellation is required 30 days prior to date booked and your receipt of
payment must be returned to us to be eligible for a refund; a fee of $50.00 will be charged on any cancellation.
Weddings may be booked 7 days a week except Christmas Day. All bookings are subject to changes by management due
to special circumstances such as; Total Fire Bans, capital works, special events and any unforeseen circumstances.
Vehicles are not permitted in the gardens at any time.
PLEASE NOTE: As all venues are locked promptly at 5.00pm, please ensure your guests, photographer and
celebrant are aware of the timeline and have left premises prior to closing.
1 Applicant details
Name Person responsible for function Number of Guests Approx.
Bride’s name Location
I understand that Pirianda Gardens only permit parking in the car
park inside the main entrance and strictly no vehicles can drive
within the property under any circumstances.
I understand that should the gardens be closed due to severe
weather warning or the declaration of a Total Fire Ban that I will be
Postcode I understand that the gates will be locked promptly at 5pm and the
wedding party are to be off the premises prior to closing
I understand that my booking time will not be extended, even if I
Daytime phone no. After hours phone no.
Email 3 Applicant’s agreement
I / we acknowledge and agree to abide by the conditions of booking and any
special conditions which may be advised
2 Wedding details Signature
Start Finish / /
am / pm am / pm
The booking is for two hours. Please allow time for setup,
including guest arrival and departure.
4 Payment Visa Mastercard Cash Cheque Money Order
(make all cheques / money orders payable to Parks Victoria)
Credit Card Number: Valid until: /
Name on card Signature of card holder
Pirianda Gardens is located in Olinda, in the Dandenong Ranges, the 11 hectare terraced gardens of Pirianda are
distinctive for their combination of botanically important trees, shrubs and perennials with an over storey of large
blackwoods and mountain ash towering over the natural fern gullies.
From the pathway across the top of open lawns at Pirianda ,the view south takes in Kallista and the valley of Sassafras
Creek and parts of Sherbrooke Forest. On a clear day you can see Arthur’s Seat on the Mornington Peninsula and
French Island in Westernport.
A gazebo located near the top of this spectacular garden is an excellent location for your wedding ceremony.
Pirianda Gardens is stunning all year round but particularly beautiful in autumn when the trees change colour to the
many hues of orange, red and yellow.
This beautiful garden provides the perfect surroundings for your special day.
Your booking, for a fee of $420, includes:
• Wedding Ceremony Permit
• Exclusive hire of selected site for 2 hours
• A small metal garden setting (1 round table, two chairs), for signing of register
To protect visitors and the Gardens’ environment:
• No vehicles are permitted to drive within the gardens.
• If you have elderly or disabled guests we suggest that you choose a location close to the car park.
• Confetti or rice is not permitted within the grounds of the gardens; however flower petals, butterfly releases or
bubbles are acceptable.
• Clients are permitted to decorate their preferred site; however set up and removal of items must be within the 2
• It is your responsibility to remove all litter generated at the conclusion of your event.
• Your 2 hour booking includes set up, arrival of guests and wedding party, ceremony, photos in surrounding
gardens, departure of guests and bridal party and removal of decorations, rubbish etc.
• Please choose your site carefully as some sites are not accessible for elderly guests. You may wish to bring
some chairs for wedding guests who may require seating.
• We suggest you advise your guests to wear appropriate footwear as your chosen site may be a distance from the
• Please ensure that all guests understand the location of your wedding. We suggest you photocopy the map
overleaf for distribution to guests.
• Please note that there is no power or running water available at any of the sites.
• As the Garden does not have a large undercover area you will need to have an alternative venue arranged in
case of inclement weather. No refund will be given if you cancel your wedding due to weather conditions.
• Music is permitted during your ceremony provided sound levels are kept to a level that does not disturb other
users of the gardens.
• We cannot guarantee that there will be no other members of the public in the area. Your preferred site will be
reserved for you and the majority of people respect that this is your special day.
Extreme Weather Conditions:
• If your wedding day is declared as Total Fire Ban/Code Red Fire Danger rating the gardens will be closed and your
wedding will be unable to go ahead in any of our properties. In these instances Parks Victoria will refund you fully.
• If there is a Total Fire Ban/Extreme or Total Fire Ban/Severe Fire Danger Rating on the day of your wedding the
Gardens will be closed to the general public but your event can still go ahead under the supervision of a Ranger.
• The Gardens may also be closed if severe/damaging winds gusting at 80 km/h or more are forecast for the Central
Region for the day of your wedding. For the safety of your guests we may need to cancel your booking, in which case
a full refund will be provided.
• It is anticipated that Total Fire Ban days of Code Red or Extreme Fire Danger Rating will be called by the Bureau of
Meteorology and will be declared up to 3 days ahead. Severe Weather Warnings may only be called the day prior to
your wedding day.
We would recommend that you think about alternative arrangements for your wedding ceremony in case of a Code
Red or Extreme Fire Danger Rating day or a day with Severe Weather Warnings.
Whatever season your wedding is you can be sure Pirianda Gardens will provide a setting that will be perfect to capture your
Should you require further advice on this matter please contact us at the National Rhododendron Gardens office on
The gardens are open from 10am until 5pm. The first wedding ceremony may commence at 10am and the last
wedding ceremony should commence no later than 2.30pm. Gates are locked promptly at 5pm.