CONNECTIVITY OF COMPACT EMBEDDED SYSTEM (CES) BOX IN CDOT MAX FOR CDR
CDOT supports the generation of 100% CDRs. These CDRs needs to be
automatically transferred to the Billing center. This feature is being implemented by
adding software application “FILE TRANSFER UTILITY” and introduction of new add
on unit known as “Compact embedded system” (CES). CES has to be connected with
both CDOT IOPs at every site.
CDRs for subscribers and trunk groups will be automatically transferred every
hour from CDOT IOP to “Compact Embedded System” (CES), CES will be connected to
data Center by 2Mbps link. All the CDRs can be picked up from CES at a predefined
frequency by the DATA CENTER by using FTP application. This feature will be
supported on software release 2_2_1_9 and above.
1) CES (COMPACT EMBEDED SYSTEM) WITH POWER CORD HAVING 4 PIN POWER PLUG
2) DATA CABLES WITH 9 PIN D TYPE CONNECTORS (2 nos )
3) 48 V DC POWER SUPPLY WITH 4 PIN SOCKET
1) S/w release on IOP should be on 2_2_1_9
2) IOPs should be in duplex mode
3) Detail billing shall be enabled for all the subscribers & Trunk groups so
that ncbr/tgbr files formed should contain all billing records including
local calls in the exchange.
CDOT EXCHANGE MEDIATION
CABLE : BSNL TO
PROVIDE UPTO ER
CABLE : HCL
RS232 25 PIN RS232 25 PIN
ANY FREE ASIO PORT OF IOP (other than port 7) CAN BE CONNECTED TO THE COM PORT
OF C E S
The IOPs are physically connected to CES system through a cable with details given below. Two
such type of cables are required to connect CES with both the IOPs.
A. RS-232 cable having 9 pin female D-type connectors on both sides should be used.
B. Pin connection for cable should be 2-3, 3-2, 5-5.
C. Pin no 1-4-6 should be shorted both sides.
1. COM0 of CES to be connected to any ASIO port (having write permission for admn)
of IOP-5C using serial link.
2. COM1 of CES to be connected to any ASIO port (having write permission for admn)
of IOP-5D using serial link.
Procedure for Installation of “CDR Transfer Utility” Files on IOP
NOTE:- CDR Transfer Utility for CES is available on site www.cdothelpline.ernet.in under
CDOTDSSMAX customer tab.
The s/w files are to be copied on both the IOPs as per following steps.
Step 1 : Copy files from cartridge/PC to IOP
A) From Cartridge:
1) In IOP0 login into admn account. Insert “CDR Transfer Utility” cartridge in
2) IOP5c>mkdir /u/instalces
3) IOP5c>cd /u/instalces
4) IOP5c> cpio –icv <$TAPE wait till iop5c> prompt appears.
5) IOP5c> ls –ls (to verify that all the related files have been copied)
6) Repeat the same steps for IOP1 also.
B) From PC/internet to IOP
The utility namely 'rz' is present in directory
$TOOLP which is used to transfer the files from PC/LAPTOP to IOP.
For using the 'rz' utility follow the procedure given below.
i) Copy required CES files on computer from floppy/CD or download these
files from internet (if available).
ii) Connect the com port (say com2) of PC/Laptop to ASIO port of IOP using
RS-232 cable having female connector on both side.
iii) Go to Hyperterminal option on the PC/Laptop available in Accessories.
iv) In the top menu of Hyperterminal, click on 'file' and select the 'properties' to
change the setting of Hyperterminal. Select Port as 'COM2' and click on
'configure'. In the port setting of 'COM2' give the following values for the
(a) Bits per second = 9600
(b) Data bits = 8
(c) Parity = None
(d) STOP BIT = 1
(d) Flow control = None
v) Click 'OK' after setting all these parameter. Now click 'Setting' and select
'Emulation' as 'VT100' and click 'OK'.
After connecting the cable and changing the setting the above setting login
prompt will be obtained on the HyperTerminal.
vi) Login into 'admn' account & execute following commands
IOP5c or IOP 5d>mkdir /u/instalces
IOP5c or IOP 5d >cd /u/instalces
IOP5c or IOP 5d > rz
In the top menu of HyperTerminal, click on 'transfer' and select the 'send file'.
A browser window will get opened. Select the Protocol as 'Z modem' and the
file name to be transferred to IOP.
vii) execute `rz’ command for each required CES file.
Step : 2 Installing CES software on Duplex IOPs (assume IOP0 is INS-ACT and
1. a. Bring the SBY IOP (IOP1) into WARM-START level using CRP command
b. login into root a/c as:
login : root
passwd : DSSroot
#>chmod +x INST-IOP-FT
Wait until the following successful installation msg comes :
# Press CTRL-D & login in admn
2. Bring the other IOP (i.e Active IOP-0) to warm start level by crp command
3. Bring IOP-1 as ins-act level using crp command
4. Repeat same steps 1(b) on IOP-0 also.
5. Bring IOPs in Duplex by using crp command on Active IOP (IOP-1)
Installation at CES system
1. After power on the CES system and complete initialization the login appears on the
2. login as cdradmn by giving the command :
ces login : cdradmn
Password : cdradmn123
“[cdradmn@ces ]$" prompt will appear on the screen
3. Store the password for admn user of IOP-5C & IOP-5D in CES, by running the utility
MOD-CES-PWD as following:
[cdradmn@ces ]$ MOD-CES-PWD
Enter IOP id [5c/5C/5d/5D] : " Give 5c or 5C for IOP-0"
Enter Password for above specified IOP (8 charecter max.) : "e.g. CDOTadmn"
cdradmn@ces ]$ MOD-CES-PWD
Enter IOP id [5c/5C/5d/5D] : " Give 5d or 5D for IOP-1"
Enter Password for above specified IOP (8 charecter max.) : "e.g. CDOTadmn" this
completes the installation of file transfer utilities on IOP and CES system
4. Now to start file transfer utility automatically, the first file has to be transferred manually by
giving command as under
[cdradmn@ces ]$START-FT-UTIL -m
After execution of this command it will ask for required inputs like from date, to date , to
Date and to time
Wait for sometime till the manual transfer of files is over.
Note : During manual transfer of files any other command cannot be executed.
5. To start file transfer utility automatically execute the following command
[cdradmn@ces ]$START-FT-UTIL –a
Note : This command runs in background so during automatic mode of transfer of files the
command prompt appears on the screen and all other commands can be executed
RESPONSIBILITIES OF EXCHANGE IN-CHARGE:-
1. Back up of Billing data (BD) is to be continued as per the current practice and log for the same
is to be maintained.
2. Whenever the login password for any IOP is changed, change of password for the
corresponding IOP is to be done in CES Box.
3. To liaison effectively with Data Center staff to ensure that all the CDR files generated ( 24 ncbr
files and 24 tgbr files per day) are collected at Data Center.
4. To obtain error CDRs from Data Center, clear the error records and forward back to Data
Center with comments.
5. Maintain manual log book for events like password change, IOP reset etc.
6. To ensure duplex working of the IOPs.