Installing the Citrix Desktop Receiver
Pre-installation note: Earlier versions of Citrix’s desktop and application virtualization
clients should be removed prior to begging this installation. If another version exists on
the PC and this installation is unable to upgrade the components it will result in an error
similar to the following:
If you receive the error above you will need to click OK and uninstall the prior versions
of these Citrix components prior to beginning the installation again.
To uninstall the prior versions of the Citrix virtualizations clients:
1. Go to Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.
2. Browse the list and locate any of the following:
Citrix Desktop Receiver Client
Citrix XenDesktop Receiver Client
Citrix XenApp Client
Citrix Presentation Server Client
3. Click Remove for each of the Citrix tools entered above.
Once applications have been removed you should be able to install without error.
Additionally, Citrix version 11.2 or higher is required if you’re currently using the
Microsoft Windows 7 Operating System.
Installing the Citrix XenDesktop Receiver client for accessing the Accero hosted
1. Open Internet Explorer and go to the website https://xen.accero.com/
2. Enter your Accero datacenter Username and Password then click the Log On
3. If you have not previously installed the latest Citrix Desktop Receiver you will be
prompted to do so after logon. Place a check in the checkbox and click the
4. When you receive the following File Download prompt click Run.
5. If prompted to confirm that you want to run the components after the download
completes click Run to begin the installation.
6. After a short delay the installer will prompt you whether or not to install support
for USB devices. Select Yes and click Install.
7. Wait as the installation progresses. Then click Close when you receive the
Installation Complete message.
8. At this point you may be prompted to restart. If so, click Yes. If you are not
prompted to restart proceed to step 10.
9. After your computer restarts, open Internet Explorer and return to
https://xen.accero.com/ and log in again using your Accero datacenter
Username and Password
10. If you are prompted that the webpage requires the Citrix Helper Control left click
on that bar and select Run ActiveX Control
11. If you receive the Do you want to run this ActiveX control prompt again click Run.
12. You are now at the main portal page. Click the Click to Connect link to launch
the UAT environment desktop.
13. At this point the UAT desktop should launch and you have successfully tested
connecting to Accero’s datacenter environment
If you saw the window above then you have successfully tested connecting to the
Accero hosted datacenter. Now that you have completed the installation of the Citrix
Desktop Receiver you will proceed immediately to step 12 or 13 after logging in to the
Accero hosted datacenter using this method.
At this point you can log off by selecting Start and Log Off.
Manipulating the environment window
You can maximize/minimize the window using the Minimize/Maximize/Close
buttons in the upper right hand corner as with most windows
You can resize this window by placing your cursor on any edge or corner until
you see the stretch cursor. Then left click and drag the window.
The window will scale to fit whatever window size you drag it to. If you would like
to have the resolution of the environment window reset to match the new size
you select simply press the Change Resolution button in the upper center of the
desktop window and click Yes to confirm the change in resolution.