Computer Studies Per. 1
4 January 2010
Internet Scavenger Hunt
1. Where can you find information on how people without computers can access
“Welcome to the White House”?
a-People who don’t have computers can access in a newspaper or a magazine.
2. Find directions on how to cut up a whole chicken.
a- (1) Remove the legs (2) Divide the legs (3) Remove the wings (4) Cut carcass in half
(5) remove the breast (6) Cut breast in half
3. What are the Italian and Chinese names for Mickey Mouse?
a-The Italians know Mickey Mouse as “Topolino”.
-In Chinese it’s “mi3 lao3 shu3”.
4. When was Radar the Bat “born”?
a- It was born on October 30, 1995
5. Find information on the ingredients in and safety guidelines for hot dogs.
a-Hot dogs contain different types of meat in them.
6. Who won the 1997 White House News Photographers’ Association photographer of
the year award?
7. What college did WNBA player Diana Vines Attend?
a- The college she attended was DePaul University, which is the largest Catholic
University in the nation, and the largest private institution in Chicago.
8. Find a site with the daily feature “On This Day in TV History”
9. When was Pluto first seen and in what movie?
a-In StarWars:The return of the Jedi
10. How many countries can “Rick Dee’s Weekly Top 40” be heard in?
a- 71 Countries
11. Find a band with “Guava” in its name.
a-Guava are a funky female vocal quartet with class and style. Guava's repertoire includes
Pop, R&B, Latin, Soul, Funk and Jazz covers. Guava are experienced and professional
12. Find a site where you can obtain “This Day in History” information.
a- “This Day in History tells that in 1914 Henry Ford introduced the $5 a day minimum
13. Where is WNDU’s Skyview 16?
a- WNDU is in Elkhart, Indiana
14. Find a site that includes notices of books reviewed in a variety of media from the
New York Times to Reading Rainbow.
a- This site includes many book review notices.
15. What player appears first on the College Football Hall of Fame New Members site?