Barbecue Ranch Chicken Salad Recipe
Delicious salad with a southwestern flair! One of my favorites! Just make sure the red
onion you use isn't a strong one. Cooking time is refrigeration time.
1½ hours | 20 min prep | SERVES 6
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, shredded
4 celery ribs, washed and sliced thin
1 large bell pepper, seeded and sliced into short sticks
1/2 red onion, chopped fine
1 (14 ounce) can corn kernels, drained
1 (14 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1/3 cup of your favorite prepared barbecue sauce (I like Jack Daniel's)
1 1/2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
1 1/2 tablespoons light sour cream
1. Mix all of the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk dressing ingredients
together in a small bowl, and pour over the salad. Toss to coat, and chill 1 hour
before serving. You can serve this over some shredded lettuce, if desired.
Parmesan Zucchini Spears Recipe
Delicious side dish, perfect for summer when the zukes are coming in! Recipe is from
Light and Tasty’s June/July 2005 issue.
20 min | 10 min prep | SERVES 3
3 small zucchini (1 lb.)
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
1. Cut zucchini into quarters lengthwise, then cut in half crosswise.
2. In large nonstick skillet, saute zucchini in olive oil over medium heat for 4
3. Sprinkle with lemon zest, salt, and pepper; saute 4-5 minutes longer or until
zucchini is crisp-tender.
4. Remove from heat, sprinkle with cheese, and serve immediately.
Chicken Marsala (Ww Recipe) Recipe
This is a Weight Watcher Recipe 4 Pts It is very good as is, I like to add a chopped onion
(sauteed with the mushrooms) and fresh rosemary. I serve it with Penne Pasta and a big
33 min | 15 min prep | SERVES 4
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, four 4 oz pieces
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon table salt (more or less to taste)
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup marsala wine
1 1/4 cups reduced-sodium beef broth, divided
1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and sauté until
tender and releasing liquid, about 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, place chicken on a plate and season both sides with thyme, salt and
pepper. Move mushrooms to outer edge of skillet once cooked. Place chicken in
center of skillet and sauté until golden, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
3. Add wine to skillet; simmer 1 minute. Add 3/4 cup of broth and simmer,
uncovered, until chicken is tender and cooked through, about 8 minutes.
4. Dissolve cornstarch in remaining 1/2 cup of broth in a small bowl; add to skillet.
Simmer until sauce thickens, stirring constantly and incorporating mushrooms
into the liquid, about 1 minute. Serve chicken with mushroom sauce spooned over
top. Yields about 3 ounces of chicken and 1/3 cup of sauce per serving.
Is it pureed cauliflower or garlic mashed potatoes? First time out, my wife couldn't tell it
wasn't potato until I told her...
21 min | 15 min prep | SERVES 4
1 medium head cauliflower
1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/8 teaspoon chicken bouillon (may substitute 1/2 teaspoon salt)
1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon chives, for garnish (chopped fresh or dried)
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1. Set a stockpot of water to boil over high heat.
2. Clean and cut cauliflower into small pieces.
3. Cook in boiling water for about 6 minutes, or until well done.
4. Drain well; do not let cool and pat cooked cauliflower very dry between several
layers of paper towels.
5. In a bowl with an immersion blender, or in a food processor, puree the hot
cauliflower with the cream cheese, Parmesan, garlic, chicken base, and pepper
until almost smooth.
6. Garnish with chives, and serve hot with pats of butter.
Pumpkin Muffins Recipe
I got this recipe from a Weight Watcher's meeting, and found these very tasty. This recipe
is low in fat and calories. I also tried 1 box of cake mix with a cherry lite pie topping -
very tasty. My kids loved both muffins. (for Weight Watchers: each muffin is only 2
40 min | 15 min prep | 24 muffins
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
1 (18 ounce) box cake mix (yellow, white, spice)
1. Mix both together until smooth.
2. Spoon into muffin tin (either lightly sprayed or with muffin cups).
3. Bake as directed on cake box.
4. Makes 24 muffins.
1 2.5 lb pork loin roast
Olive oil as needed
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 tbs fresh minced ginger
1/4 c hoisin sauce
1/2 c orange juice
1/2 c low-sodium chicken broth
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
2 green onions, sliced
Salt and pepper roast liberally and brown in a saute pan with olive oil on all sides. Place
into a roasting pan and bake at 350 for about 40 minutes (until internal temp is about
140). Remove and cover with foil and let stand for about 10 minutes before carving.
Meanwhile, drain most of the oil from the saute pan and retain any brown bits. Saute
ginger until fragrant, then add remaining sauce ingredients (except green onions).
Simmer until thickened, then add green onions. Cut pork into slices and top with sauce
and additional green onion slices for garnish. Serve immediately.