Word of the Week: Critique
1. noun. A critical essay or review.
He wrote a good critique of the Spiderwick Chronicles.
2. verb. To discuss critically.
The actors were nervous about how fans would critique their performance.
Criticism – noun.
1. finding fault, a remark pointing out a fault.
2. the work of a critic, judgments about books or art or music.
His criticism of my project was meant to help me to improve.
1. a person who finds fault with something.
2. a person who forms and expresses judgments about
books or art or musical works.
A critic sometimes offends people with his judgments.
Critical – adjective.
1. looking for faults.
2. expressing criticism.
Those students are too critical toward each other.
3. of or at a crisis.
The critical moment in the storm has arrived.
The patient’s condition is critical; he is dangerously ill.