Woodside Dog Agility Club
Open Agility Show
Schedule of Open Agility Test
[Held under Kennel Club Rules and Regulations H & H(1)]
for Large, Medium and Small Dogs
Scottish National Equestrian Centre
Sunday 4th December 2011
Guarantors to the Kennel Club:
Chairperson: June McKinnon, 1 Park Avenue, Carstairs Junction, Lanarkshire. ML11 8PW
Treasurer: Allan Brydon, 3 Glenburn Park Crescent, Westquarter, Falkirk FK2 9ST
Secretary: Linda Park, 1 Lyell Grove, East Kilbride, Lanarkshire. G74 4RE
>>>> Entries close 24th October 2011 (Postmarked) <<<<
Notification of any grade changes to Showtime before 18th November.
All wins up to and including 9th November count for grade changes at this show.
ENTRY FEES:- £2.60 PER DOG PER CLASS, NFC – NO CHARGE
DO NOT SEND SAE AS ENTRIES WILL BE SENT OUT
Cheques payable “Woodside Dog Agility Club “ and sent to:
Tyne & Wear
Contact Susan Mallabar at firstname.lastname@example.org tel. 01207 544406 (No calls after 9pm please)
Running orders will be available for download at www.granarycanine.co.uk
Show Secretary – Jackie Gray Tel: 01506 884560 (No calls after 9pm please)
Competition Manager – Andrew McKinnon
Show opens 7.30 am Briefing 8.00 am Judging – 8.15 am
Gordon Barnett, Alex Birse, Margaret Hudson, Garry Lee, Carol Rogers, Maureen Cuthbert
Reserve Judge – Peter Elms
Catering Facilities will be by Private Caterer at the Venue
There will be no official lunch break. Judging will continue throughout the day.
Measuring will take place between 11am and 12 noon.
PDSA Pet Aid Hospital, 24 Hutchison Crossway, Gorgie, Edinburgh EH14 1RR
JUDGES Classes are not listed in running order; Plan will be available after entries closed and final numbers known.
Gordon Barnett: Classes 1, 4 Margaret Hudson: Classes 3, 10, 16, 19
Alex Birse: Classes 2, 8, 11, 12, 17, 18 Maureen Cuthbert: Classes 6, 14
Garry Lee: Classes 7, 9, 13, 15, 21, 22 Carol Rogers: Class 5, 20
Woodside Dog Agility Club reserve the right to change or appoint additional judges if necessary.
Size Class Class Type
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
1 Large Agility Graded 1 2
2 Large Jumping Graded 1 2
3 Large Jumping Combined 1 2 3
4 Large Agility Graded 3 4 5
5 Large Jumping Graded 3 4 5
6 Large Jumping Combined 4 5 6 7
7 Large Jumping Graded 6 7
8 Large Agility Graded 6 7
9 Medium Agility Combined 1 2 3 4
10 Medium Jumping Combined 1 2 3 4
11 Medium Jumping Combined 1 2 3
12 Medium Agility Combined 5 6 7
13 Medium Jumping Combined 5 6 7
14 Medium Jumping Combined 4 5 6 7
15 Small Agility Combined 1 2 3 4
16 Small Jumping Combined 1 2 3 4
17 Small Jumping Combined 1 2 3
18 Small Agility Combined 5 6 7
19 Small Jumping Combined 5 6 7
20 Small Jumping Combined 4 5 6 7
21 All sizes Special 12 and over Junior Jumping Combined 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
22 All sizes Special Under 12s Junior Jumping Combined 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
23 All sizes NFC 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
TROPHIES AND ROSETTES
To at least 1st Place in class
To at least 10% of entries in class
Trophies for Best WDAC Member
Class 4 - Anne Kennedy Memorial,
Class 5 - Jack Hudson Memorial
Perpetual trophies will be awarded in some classes.
(These trophies cannot be won outright. In a graded class the trophy will be awarded to the dog with the fastest clear round from all grades within the class)
Woodside Dog Agility Club would like to wish everyone a
Merry Christmas and Aw'ra Best For 2012
Definition Of Classes
Grade 1 – For owners, handlers and dogs which have not gained a first place in an Agility Class or 3 first places in
Jumping Classes at Kennel Club licensed Agility shows.
Grade 2 – For owners, handlers or dogs which have qualified out of grade 1, but have not gained a first place in an
agility Class or 3 first places in Jumping Classes at Grade 2 at Kennel Cub licensed Agility shows, or elected to
progress on points from Grade 1.
Grade 3 – Open to dogs which are not eligible for grade 1 or 2 or have elected to progress on points from grade 2
at Kennel Club licensed Agility shows and dogs which are not eligible for Grade 4, 5, 6 or 7.
Grade 4 – Open to dogs which have gained a first place in an Agility Class or 3 first places in Jumping Classes at
Grade 3 or elected to progress on points from Grade 3 at Kennel Club licensed Agility shows and are not eligible
for Grade 3, 5, 6 or 7.
Grade 5 – Open to dogs which have gained a first place in an Agility Class or 3 first places in Jumping Classes at
Grade 4 or elected to progress on points from Grade 4 at Kennel Club licensed Agility shows and are not eligible
for Grade 3, 4, 6 or 7.
Grade 6 – Open to dogs which have gained a first place in an Agility Class or 3 first places in Jumping Classes at
Grade 5 at Kennel Club licensed Agility shows and are not eligible for Grade 3, 4, 5 or 7.
Grade 7 – Open to dogs which have gained a minimum of 4 first places at Grade 6 at Kennel Club licensed Agility
shows, 2 of which must be gained in Agility (not Jumping) Classes.
Special Junior – For handlers aged 18 years old and under on the day of the show. Dogs may only be entered in one
junior classification. Entry is limited to TWO dogs per handler. Please indicate junior handler, with age. Open to
Small, Medium and Large dogs, grades 1-7.
All dogs must be run in drawn order
Please take note that, in the event of dogs being found in a distressed condition anywhere on the venue, the
show management reserves the right to take remedial action.
Measuring will be taking place at this show between 11am and 12 noon.
N.B. All dogs must be measured before they compete at their first agility show
ELECTRONIC TIMING SUPPLIED
Tel: (01429) 820792
DIRECTIONS TO VENUE
The Scottish National Equestrian Centre, Oatridge, Ecclesmachan, West Lothian EH52 6NH (www.snec.co.uk)
From North (M90)
After Forth Road Bridge, immediately branch left, keep to RH lane. At traffic lights/roundabout take 3rd exit onto the A904
(signposted Bo'ness and Stirling). Continue on this road until T junction with B8046 (Broxburn B8046, Stirling (M9)), Turn left
here onto B8046. Stay on B8046 for approx. 1.5 miles, Turn right onto B9080, taking immediate left, back onto B8046 for
approx. 1.5 miles. After the dip into Ecclesmachan, turn right (looks like housing scheme) signposted Oatridge Agricultural
College, then turn left away from houses. Remain on this road past all college buildings -venue straight ahead. Please adhere to
From West (M8)
Leave M8 at Junction 3 (Livingston), at roundabout take the 4th exit onto the A899 (signposted Bathgate and Broxburn). At
next roundabout take the2nd exit onto the A899 (signposted Dechmont, Uphall and Broxburn). At next roundabout take the
2nd exit onto the A899 (signposted Uphall and Broxburn). At next roundabout take the 1st exit (signposted Broxburn). In
Uphall at traffic lights turn left onto Ecclesmachan Road - B8046 (signposted Linlithgow). Approx.2 miles to Ecclesmachan.
After the dip into Ecclesmachan, turn left (looks like housing scheme) signposted Oatridge Agricultural College. Remain on this
road past all college buildings - venue straight ahead. Please adhere to speed limits.
From West (M9)
Leave M9 at Junction 2. Turn right onto B8046 (Uphall) for approx. 1.5miles, Turn right onto B9080 taking immediate left back
onto B8046 for approx. 1.5 miles. After the dip into Ecclesmachan, turn right (looks like housing scheme) signposted Oatridge
Agricultural College, then turn left away from houses. Remain on this road past all college buildings - venue straight ahead.
Please adhere to speed limits.
From South (M8)
Take A720 (City Bypass). Branch left then at roundabout take the 1st exit onto the M8 (signposted Glasgow, Forth Road
Bridge, A90, Stirling, Livingston, M8, M9). Leave M8 at junction 3. At roundabout take the 4th exit onto the A899 (signposted
Bathgate and Broxburn). At next roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the A899 (signposted Dechmont). At next roundabout take
the 2nd exit onto the A899 (signposted Uphall and Broxburn). At next roundabout take the 1st exit (signposted Broxburn). In
Uphall, at traffic lights turn left onto Ecclesmachan Road - B8046 (signposted Linlithgow). Approx. 2 miles to Ecclesmachan.
Turn left (looks like housing scheme) signposted Oatridge Agricultural College. Remain on this road past all college buildings -
venue straight ahead. Please adhere to speed limits.
From East (as from South)
RULES & REGULATIONS
1) ENTRY CONDITIONS. Dogs entered at Kennel Club licensed Agility Shows must be registered at the Kennel Club in accordance with Kennel Club
Regulations for Classification and Registration B. The registration number / ATC number will be required for each entry.
2) FEES. Amount of entry per dog per class £2.60 (Free for WDAC working members). There is no charge for NFC entry.
3) PRIZE MONEY. There will be no prize money at this show.
4) INTERNET ENTRIES Entries cannot be made via the internet.
5) REFUSAL OF ENTRIES. The Committee reserves to itself the right to refuse entries.
6) PUPPIES. Puppies under 18 calendar months of age on the first day of the show are not eligible for Kennel Club licensed Agility Tests.
7) NFC. Not For Competition entries will be accepted for dogs aged four calendar months and over. Dogs must be Kennel Club registered with their
details recorded on the entry form. There will be no entry fee for NFC dogs.
8) BITCHES IN SEASON No bitch in season is allowed to compete.
9) TREATMENT OF DOGS. No person shall carry out punitive correction or harsh handling of a dog at any time within the boundaries of the Show.
10) LEADS. Dogs must not wear slip chains, half slip collars, or leads when under test, A flat, close fitting , leather or webbing collar is permitted,
providing the only attachment is a plain identification panel as an integral part of the collar i.e. not attached by a ring, if the competitor so wishes.
11) APPOINTMENT OF JUDGES. Should a judge be unable to fulfil the appointment to judge the Committee reserve the right to appoint another judge.
Exhibitors are at liberty to withdraw from competition, but no entry fees can be returned. If numbers warrant, the Committee reserves the right to
appoint additional judges.
12) JUDGES DECISION. No competitor shall impugn the decision of the judge or judges.
13) SPONSORSHIP. There is no sponsorship for this show.
14) MARKING - Standard Marking will apply according to Kennel Club regulations H (1)(b).
15) HEIGHT LIMIT FOR DOGS.
1. Large Dogs - For dogs measuring over 430mm (1ft 5ins) at the withers.
2. Medium Dogs - For dogs measuring over 350mm (1ft 1.75ins) and 430mm (1ft 5ins) or under at the withers.
3. Small Dogs – For dogs measuring 350mm (1ft 1.75ins) or under at the withers
16) JUDGES. A judge at an Agility Test cannot compete or enter for competition a dog which is recorded in their ownership or part ownership: or handle a
dog at the Test at which they are judging but may enter their own dog N.F.C. for the purpose of testing the course time.
17) WITHDRAWAL OF DOGS FROM TEST. A dog shall be withdrawn from competition and removed from the Test if it is:-
a) A bitch which is in season.
b) Suffering from any infectious or contagious disease.
c) Interfering with the safety or chance of winning of an opponent.
d) Of such temperament or it is so much out of hand as to be a danger to the safety of any person or other animal.
e) Likely to cause suffering to the dog if it continues competing.
18) ELIGIBILITY. In estimating the number of awards won, all wins up to and including 25 days before the start of the competition, ie 9 th November 2011,
shall be counted when entering for any class. For these purposes a competition shall be defined as all classes covered within the same schedule. If a
dog becomes eligible for the next grade at a particular show after the entry form to that show has been sent, it is the competitor’s responsibility to
notify the show secretary at least 14 days before the date of the show. The dog must be moved into the appropriate class(es) for the next grade. The
dog must be moved into the corresponding classes number of classes as were entered at the lower grade. If there are fewer or no classes available for
the next grade, the competitor should be offered a refund of the relevant entry fees.
19) CHANGES TO ARRANGEMENTS. Should circumstances so dictate the Society, in consultation with the judges, may alter arrangements as
necessary. Such changes and circumstances surrounding them must be reported to the Kennel Club.
20) CANCELLATION. In the event that the show has to be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, Woodside DAC will refund fees, less reasonably
incurred expenses, on receipt of a stamped addressed envelope submitted within one month of the show date.
21) FOOD. Food shall not be carried in the hand or given to a dog in the ring.
22) RERUNS should the judge deem a rerun is required, any results/faults gained in previous run must be discounted
23) ENTRY FORM. Separate entry forms must be completed by each owner and must be signed by the owner or his / her authorised agent in
accordance with the provisions specified thereon. Entry forms must be accompanied with the appropriate fees. It is the responsibility of the owner /
competitor to ensure that the entry form is filled out correctly. No refunds will be given in the case of incorrectly completed entry forms being
24) ANIMALS IN EVENT No animal other than one officially entered shall be brought into the precincts of the event during its continuance, except dogs
registered to assist the disabled, or dogs required for educational or instructional purposes or by permission of the General Committee. However, at
the discretion of the show society, a dog brought to the show by a spectator may be admitted into the precincts of the show, with the proviso that those
in charge of the dog sign a declaration confirming the dog is free from disease and that the dog will be kept under proper control at all times.
25) OVERSEAS ENTRIES. All dogs resident outside the UK must be issued with a Kennel Club Authority to Compete before entry to the show can be
made. All overseas entries without an Authority to Compete number will be returned to the competitor.
26) COMPETITION OF DOGS SUFFERING FROM CONTAGIOUS OR INFECTIOUS DISEASE. No dogs suffering from infectious or contagious disease
or having been exposed to such disease during the period of 21 days prior to the competition may compete. Competitors infringing the Regulation will
be liable to be fined and/ or dealt with under Kennel Club Rule A42.
27) PAY ON THE DAY. A pay on the day class will be held if time permits.
28) LOSS OR DAMAGES. No responsibility will be accepted for loss, damage or whatsoever to person, dogs or property at this show.
29) BRIEFING. A briefing of competitors will be held 15 minutes prior to the start of each class. Competitors will be allowed to walk the course but without
30) WELFARE OF DOGS. No dog should be left unattended at any time. Please take note that, in the event of dogs being found in a distressed condition,
anywhere on the venue, the show management reserve the right to take ANY remedial action deemed necessary to relieve the suffering of the
OPEN AGILITY TEST
NAME OF SOCIETY: Woodside Dog Agility Club
DATE: Sunday 4th December 2011
VENUE: The Scottish National Equestrian Centre, Oatridge, Ecclesmachan, West Lothian EH52 6NH
ENTRIES CLOSE - 24th October 2011(Postmarked) FEES - £2.60 per dog per class (Free for working WDAC Members) (NFC No charge) Payable to Woodside Dog Agility Club
On No Account Will Entries Be Accepted Without Fees. Show Entries And Bank Charges - Exhibitors attention is drawn to the recent Kennel Club Announcement that the bank charges incurred by the Society through incorrectly completed or
dishonoured cheques in respect of their entries will be passed on to the exhibitor concerned. Failure to pay entry fees and/or bank charges will result in the exhibitor being dealt with by the Kennel Club Committee.
One person (or partnership must use this form only. Use one line for each dog. The name of the dog and all the details as recorded with the Kennel Club must be given on this entry form. If an error is made the dog may be disqualified by the
Committee of the Kennel Club. All dogs must be registered at the Kennel Club in the name of the exhibitor. If the registration or transfer of ownership has not been confirmed it must be applied for before the closing date of entries. In case of
dispute, proof of postage of such applications may be required by the Kennel Club. It is the responsibility of the owner / competitor to ensure that the entry form is competed correctly. No refunds will be given in the event of incorrectly completed
entry forms being submitted.
DATE OF BIRTH
KC REGISTERED NAME OF DOG KC REG / ATC NUMBER BREED D/B If The Dog Is A Rescue and GRADE HEIGHT HANDLER CLASSES
entered in Class 3 Please Tick Box
I/We agree to submit to and be bound by the Kennel Club Rules and Regulation in their present form or as they may be amended from time to time in relation to all canine matters with which the Kennel Club is concerned.
I/We also undertake to abide by the Regulations of this show and not to bring to the show any dog which has contracted or been knowingly exposed to any infectious or contagious disease during the 21 days prior to the show.
I further declare that I/We believe to the best of my/our knowledge that the dogs are not liable to disqualification under Kennel Club Show Regulations.
Usual Signature of Owner(s) . Date
Please Use A Separate Form For Each Owner. Postage £ 0.50 HELP REQUIRED
NOTE : Dogs entered in breach of Kennel Club Show Regulations are liable to disqualification whether or not
the owner was aware of the breach. ___Classes @ £2.60 If you can help at our show - either pole picking or ring calling for an
hour or so - please put your name below
Name of Owner Total
Send entries to: Email or telephone:-
c/o Showtime Junior’s Name Age Name of Dog
(Enter class above, as appropriate)
Postcode Spen Lane
Tyne & Wear
Please take note that, in the event of dogs being found in a distressed condition anywhere on the venue, the show management reserves the right to take remedial action.