Create a National Treasure Chest
1. Choose any country in the world, except for the United States and Canada.
2. Using a shoe box or similar sized box, create a treasure chest filled with objects
that represent the country you chose.
3. Collect, create, or draw 10 objects that represent aspects of the country’s
topography, culture, food, economy, plant life, government, sports, art forms,
people, religion, history, clothing, ceremonies, and so on.
4. For each item, write one to two sentences that describe the object’s significance.
5. Decorate the outside of your box to show the country name and flag.
6. Present your Treasure Chest to the class by revealing each item and explaining its
This project can be completed for extra credit once each quarter. Obviously, you cannot
do the same country twice. The project will always be due one week before the end of
each quarter. No late projects will be accepted.