17 Things You Need to Know about Your Estate Plan
There’s lots to know about your estate plan; that’s why it’s important to work with a qualified estate
planning attorney. Here are 17 things you need to know about your estate plan. We are presenting
them to spark your interest and encourage you to start, or update, your estate plan now.
1. Your estate plan will control who raises your minor children, if you die.
2. Your estate plan has the power to keep the court out of your personal, medical, and financial
3. Your estate plan can minimize or even avoid federal estate taxes.
4. Your estate plan can keep you from being hooked up to life support machines for years and
5. Your estate plan can allow you to save the lives of eight others.
6. Your estate plan can be used to protect your children’s inheritances from creditors and
7. Your estate plan needs to be updated every three to five years.
8. Your estate plan needs to be updated if you get divorced, married, or move to a new state.
9. Your estate plan can avoid family fights.
10. Your estate plan can avoid your children being placed into foster care.
11. Your estate plan can be used to leave a legacy.
12. Your estate plan can avoid the disqualification of special needs beneficiaries from governmental
13. Your estate plan can keep you in control.
14. Your estate plan can save money, by avoiding probate.
15. Your estate plan can keep your affairs private.
16. Your estate plan best ensures your final arrangement wishes are followed.
17. Your estate plan can ensure that someone is always authorized to make sure your bills are paid.
If any of these 17 things you need to know about your estate plan intrigue you and you’d like to make
them a reality, consult with a qualified estate planning attorney.
Experienced estate planning attorneys Seattle WA of Byrd Garrett PLLC offers estate planning and
business planning offers resources to residents of Seattle WA. To learn more about these free resources,
please visit http://www.byrdgarrett.com today.