Car Donation - Top Ten FAQ
Have a car donation question? Look no further. Below you'll find the top 10 frequently asked
questions about car donations.
1. What kinds of vehicles can I donate?We accept car, truck, SUV, van, boat, RV, trailer, pop-up
camper, jet ski, motorcycle, and airplane donations. Want to donate a vehicle you don't see on
the list? Give us a call - we accept almost every car you can think of.
2. Can I still donate my car even when it hasn't run in many years?Sure! Even if you car
stopped running years ago, we'll still take it! We accept vehicles in all conditions.
3. Can you briefly explain the car donation process?Sure. The vehicle donation process is super
quick and simple. You get in contact with us and we ask you a few questions. These questions
include info like your contact info, the make and model of the vehicle to be donated, and where
the car is located. We do all the rest - from arranging a towing company to pick up our vehicle to
delivering you the paperwork used for tax benefit purposes.
4. How do I get my car to you?You've two options. In the event the car is in good running order,
you might drive it to our place. If you would prefer not to drive the vehicle to us, we'll arrange for
your vehicle to be picked up by a towing company at your convenience, with no price to you.
The pick-up will occur anytime from 24-72 hours after you've contacted us to donate your
5. Is my car donation tax deductable?Yes, your car donation may be tax deductable. However,
to be able to qualify for your tax break, you need to itemize deductions in your taxes.
6. What paperwork do I need in order to donate my vehicle?You need the a title of the car. The
title of the car must be clear and in your name in order to donate.
7. What happens to my car after I donate?The vehicles are brought on location and scheduled
to be sold at auction. After the auction happens, the money generated from the sale of the car is
used to further Goodwill's mission.
8. Why do you ask for a social security number?It's needed by the IRS for tax purposes to
legitimize that you indeed donated the car to the particular charity involved.
9. I will not be able to be there when my car is scheduled to get picked up by the towing
company. What should I do about the title and the keys?No worries. Just let us know ahead of
time if you will not be able to be there when your car is towed and ensure that you leave the title
and the car keys in the vehicle.
10. I want to donate! Where can I get more info?Wonderful! For a more detailed account of the
car donation process, take a look at out the 5 steps to donate a car.
Getting good information on Car donation these days is not so easy. Good thing I found this
great website right here: Donate a car