Servings: Makes 16 brownies
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
180 g dark chocolate 50 g plain flour
150 g unsalted butter ½ tsp. baking powder
125 g caster sugar 30g plain chocolate, chopped into small chunks
1. Preheat the oven to 180o/Gas 4. Grease the baking tin and line the base
with baking paper.
2. Break the 180 g dark chocolate into squares. Place in a heatproof bowl
suspended over a pan of simmering water and allow the chocolate to
3. Add the butter to the melted chocolate. Stir until the butter has melted
and blended with the chocolate. Remove from heat and stir in the sugar.
4. Beat the eggs. Stir the beaten eggs into the melted chocolate mixture,
mixing well. In a separate mixing bowl sieve the flour and baking
powder. Slowly fold in the chocolate mixture. Stir in the chocolate
5. Transfer the mixture into the greased, lined baking tin. Bake for 25-30
minutes until it is just firm to the touch in the centre.
6. Remove from the oven, cool slightly, turn out and cool on a wire rack.
Slice into 16 squares.