1811 Starfix Terrace ∙ Valdosta, GA 31601 ∙ (229) 555-5555 ∙ email@example.com
Summary of Qualifications
• Strong interpersonal skills refined through years of experience interacting with the public
• Versatility and adaptability proven through independent international travel
• Self-motivated and confident in making independent decisions
• Ability and interest in interacting with people of diverse backgrounds
• Dedication to community development and increasing economic opportunities for
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science May 2008
Valdosta State University – Valdosta, Georgia
• Major GPA: 3.45
Community Relations Intern May 2007 - August 2007
AAI Pharma - Atlanta, GA
• Increased usage of AAI grant money by developing relations with local educational
institutions and raising awareness of funds available; more than 5 new grants were
• Facilitated company participation in the local Relay for Life resulting in 3 company teams
and more than $800 for the American Cancer Society.
• Surveyed community members regarding AAI’s image. Worked on a 4-person team.
Reported recommendations to the Board of Directors in their August meeting.
Political Volunteer July 2006- November 2006
V. S. Blazer for US Senate – Valdosta, GA
• Telephoned over 500 potential voters to encourage support of candidate.
• Researched issues for candidate as they relate to college students.
• Coordinated campus visits across the state for Mr. Blazer to travel to every college campus
• Planned victory party for night of election.
Retail Sales Associate/ Customer Service May 2005- July 2005
Sweetwater Surf Shop - Sweetwater, CA
• Increased sales by listening to customer needs and recommending appropriate
International Travel and Activities
• Independent travel in South Africa, Uganda, Singapore, Philippines, Thailand, Cambodia,
Malaysia, and Australia
• Soccer: VSU Club Soccer and Indoor Soccer
• Communities In Schools, Volunteer (2000-2002)
• Valdosta United Way Board of Directors, Student Representative (2004-2006)