Flat #1010, Haji Bldg Cell Phone No.: +(971) 50 274 7764
Alkhan Str. E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Opposite EPPCO Petroleum Pump
Interested in Translation and Interpretation activities in various fields
Professional and Business Experience
July 2006 - Present:
Administration Officer - Demimpex ME, FZE, Jebel Ali, UAE
- Taking care of customer's needs by replying their inquiries for vehicle specifications, availability, and
quotation in French and English, and if necessary organizing the shipment and export for them by
contacting our Freight Forwarder or Aviation Company for quotation, booking the transportation,
arranging the Insurance of cargo and checking the B/L's to conform with clients needs.
- Financial duties: Invoicing, keeping track of exchange rates and making the exchange table, calculating
and reporting the vehicles profits and losses based on total costs and prices.
- Inspection of imported vehicles and arranging their temporary exit from the Jebel Ali Free Zone to
workshops for necessary changes as per client's requests.
- Administration of the vehicle Database: entering vehicle information, securing the vehicles and spare
parts for customers upon confirmation of orders.
- Organization of the network so that sales material and necessary information would always be updated
and available to the staff. Preparation of Sales Materials: Pro Forma Invoices and Catalogues (based
on vehicles specifications and pictures), translation of related sales material and vehicles specifications
from English to French and vice versa, and providing stock lists.
December 2005 - May 2006:
Marketing Associate - AP Sea Cargo Services Company (LLC), Dubai, U.A.E.
- Undertook marketing research for the company. The objective was to pinpoint potential users of the
company’s logistic services.
- Met potential clients and presented the company’s full range of services including Freight Forwarding,
Cargo Handling, and Customs Liaisons …
- Assisted existing clients in improving the efficiency of their supply chain by identifying least-cost options for
sea freight, land transport and cross-border trans-shipment.
March 2003 - Present:
Independent Contractor - Falls Church, VA, U.S.A. & Tehran, Iran
- Performing freelance translation, proofreading and editing of official documents in English / French / Farsi
combinations for clients interacting with commercial customers overseas as a member of “American
Translators Association” and “Go Translators Online Translation Organization”.
- Performed translation and general office administration tasks for companies such as Cyrus Construction
Inc.; Arj Global, LLP among others.
February 2004 - March 2005:
Professional Teller - BANK OF AMERICA, Arlington, VA, U.S.A.
- Performed variety of banking transactions (deposits, check cashing, withdrawals, payments, foreign
currency exchange, cashing bonds, cashiers checks and money order issuance…)
- Introduced various Bank Of America products such as Checking and Savings Accounts, Certificates of
Deposits (Time Deposits) and IRA’s, Credit Cards, Mortgages and Home Equity loans, and more to new
and current customers and referred and helped them to open up new accounts in these categories.
- Provided customer service and interpretation on the phone and in person for customers and other
associates in French, Spanish, Farsi, and English or combinations.
- Helped to train new tellers at the teller line.
August 2002 - October 2002:
Human Resources/International Department Coordinator and Translator - MANDRO Consulting
Engineers Company, Tehran, Iran
- Managed the daily intra-office business tasks concerning our clients TOTALFINAELF Co., AGIP/ENI Co.
- Managed the procedure for documentations relating to international recruitment invoicing.
- Wrote the administrative and business related correspondences in English, French and Farsi as well as
translation of other business related texts.
October 1999 - April 2002:
Executive Secretary Employed by HYUNDAI Engineering & Construction (Korean) Company and
Assigned to work in TOTALFINAELF (French) Company, Tehran, Iran
- Performed office management tasks relating to HYUNDAI, a major contractor to TOTALFINAELF Co., in
- Managed tasks regarding preparing Import / Export documents, travel arrangements, meeting logistics and
general office duties.
January 1998 - October 1999:
Freelance Translator - KAVOSHGAR Publication Company, Tehran, Iran
- Performed variety of translations for documents in French, Farsi, and English.
October 1991 - November 1993:
Computer Programmer Trainee - MAHVAN Computer Company, Tehran, Iran
- Developed several applications (Library Reference Guide, Hospital Patient Management System, etc.)
utilizing programming languages such as BASIC, FOXPRO databases and PASCAL for several clients.
Microsoft Office (Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook) plus few database programs.
Education, Trainings and Languages
October 2005 - June 2006:
Completed online courses related to Certified Global Business Professional Credentials at Philadelphia
University, Philadelphia, PA, and Michigan State University, MI, USA. These courses will provide the ability
to conduct activities in the following fields:
- Global Business Management: Setting a mission and vision for the global business enterprise; developing
a global business plan; conducting research in an international environment; understanding the nuances of
cultural, legal, political and regulatory differences; and using technology to support global trade.
- Global Marketing: Assessing the external environment; performing strengths-weaknesses- opportunities-
threats (SWOT) analysis; conducting international market research; developing a marketing plan and
budget; determining the global marketing mix (product, price, placement, and promotional strategies); and
conducting competitor analysis..
- Supply Chain Management: Transportation modes; taxes, duties and quotas; trade agreements; packaging
requirements; use of intermediaries; documentation requirements; legal and regulatory requirements;
insurance; trade conventions; and the offshore procurement process.
- Trade Finance: Political and economic risks; foreign exchange tactics and risks; credit and payment risks;
optimal terms of payment; arranging financing; and setting the business.
August 2005 - September 2005:
Completed an International Trade and Business course in English in Iran Trade Promotion Organization.
This course is based on the theoretical and applicable business proficiency tools:
- Introduction to International Trade, Marketing, Packing, International Shipping and Logistics, Documentary
Credits (UCP500), Incoterms 2000, International Business Contracts, Export Procedures and so on.
June 1999 - September 1999:
- Completed a Business-Administrative Correspondence and Communication course in French language at
The Scientific-Applied Comprehensive University
Bayan Salis Foreign Language Training Institute, Tehran, Iran
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Chemistry
Khajeh Nassir-al-Din Toussi Technical University, Tehran, Iran
August 1997 - October 1997:
Detergent Chemistry Training - PAKVASH Detergent Company, Saveh, Iran
- Performed extensive testing on variety of chemical products which were mainly used in household and
commercial cleaning environment.
Fluent in French, English and Farsi since Childhood; Intermediate in Spanish; Beginner in German, Italian,
Miscellaneous and Volunteer Experiences
- Performed English and French translations for channel 4 of Iran Television pertaining to Persian Literature
and two knowledge-based science features.
- Voluntary work in MAHAK, the charity organization that supports children suffering from cancer in Iran.
Some of my tasks included: Consulting with sick children and their parents in hospitals to lift their spirits;
and managing fund raising events in favor of helping the sick children.
- Lunch Buddy Program with Elementary School Children in Arlington County Public Schools, Virginia,
- Interpretation for sick people at the Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC, USA.
- Procurement, Business Planning, Business Analysis, Business Development, Product Development
- Cross Cultural Skills
- FOREX (Foreign Exchange)
- Personal Management and Leadership Skills
- Psychology, Philosophy
- Classical Music and piano
- Yoga and Jogging
Will be provided upon request.