Profile of the Teacher
(For the University Website)
1. Name :Dr.M.B.Deshmukh
2. Designation : Professor
3. Qualification :M.Sc.,Ph.D
2. Specialization : Organic Chemistry
5. Date of Birth :1st April,1954
6. Teaching Experience :
UG : 02 years
PG : 30 years
7. Dates of joining the institutions : 8th July,1980
8. Date of Superannuation : 31st March, 2014
9. Honors : Visiting Professor, Hanyang University,
Seoul, South Korea ,(March-June,2010)
1)Mahalaxmi Prize of Shivaji University, Kolhapur
2) National Merit Scholarship: 1975-1977
3) Post doctoral research scholarship Karl-Franzens University of Graz,
Austria (during 1993-94)
4) Best P.G.Teacher Award of Shivaji University 18th November , 2008.
11. A) Recognitions
1. Worked as a Member of SAP proposal Screening Committee, UGC, New Delhi
2. Chairman of the Session in the International Conference on Drug Discovery and
Process Research held at KLE Society’s College of Pharmacy , Belgum.
B)Memberships of Academic :
1. Member of faculty of Science, Shivaji University, Kolhapur.
2. Chairman Ad-Voc BOS in Agrochemicals & Pest Management S.U.Kolhapur.
3. Member Ad-voc BOS in Agrochemicals &Pest Management, Solapur A
4. Member of BOS in Environmental Sciences, S. U.Kolhapur,2006..
5. Member of Ad-voc board in Industrial Chemistry, Shivaji University,Kolhapur.
6. Worked as a member of Organic Chemistry Syllabus Committee of Solapur and
7. SET Exam. Co-ordinator, Shivaji University Kolhapur since ,2006
8. Member of Syllabus Committee Dr. B. A. Marathwada Univ. Aurangabad
9. Member of Examination Committee M.P.S.C.( Maharashtra Public Service
10. Chairman for session Effects of synthetic drugs on Human Metabolism
venue.Pratishthan Mahavidyalay, Paithan & worked as a on paper presentation
during 8th & 9th February,2008
C)Bodies and Research :
1. Member of Research and Recognition
Committee, Shivaji University, Kolhapur
2. Member of Syllabus Committee, M.P.S.C. Govt. of Maharashtra.
3. Member of Text book recommendation Committee , Board of Secodary Educatiion,
Govt. of Maharashtra
4. Member of Research and Recognition Committee: Dr. B. A. Marathwada
5. SET Exam. Co-ordinator, Shivaji University, Kolhapur since 2006.
6. Expert reviewer for journals:
i) Indian J.Chemistry, Sec-B, CSIR New Delhi.
ii) J. Indian Chemical Society, Kolkatta.
iii)Green Chemistry, USA
iv) Phosphorus , Sulfur and Silicon
D) Associations/Society :
a) National : Member of Indian Chemical Society, Kolkatta.( Since1985)
b) International : _
12. Field of Research Interest : Synthetic Heterocyclic Chemistry,
Physico-organic Chemistry, Co-ordination
13. Research Guidance :
a) Number of Ph.D. produced : 26
b) Number of M.Phil. produced : 11
Sr. No Title of the Project Sanctioning Amount Utilized Tenure of the
Agency Rs. Projects
1. New Synthetic CSIR, New Delhi 1,75,680/- 3 years
methods in Aziridines
2. Synthesis of some DST, New Delhi 1,75,120/- 2 years
Benzopyrans as Ref:OY/COO/91-
3. Synthesis and DST- New Delhi, Rs-12,08, 325/- 3 years
Applications of Some
15. Research Publications : Total number of publications : 109
Publications in last five years:
Sr. No. Title of Paper Journal Authors Page Volume Year
1. An Efficient, Uncatalyzed, and Phosphorus, Sudhakar A. 103– 185 2010
Rapid Synthesis of Thiazoles and Sulfur, and Gaikwada; Amol 109
Aminothiazoles Under Microwave Silicon, A. Patila;
Irradiation and Investigation of Madhukar B.
TheirBiological Activity. Deshmukh
Development and validation of a Food Sangram H. Patil FOC 2010
2. simple analytical method for the Chemistry , Kaushik H, -
determination of 2,4,6- Banerjee 994O
trichloroanisole in wine by GC– Pandurang G. nline
MS. Adsule and
3. Cynogen bromide and Ethyl J.Hetero- M.B.Deshmukh, 1-4 Inpress 2010
Chem. S.Patil and
Heterocyclization:Novel Synthesis S.D.Jadhav
of Tetracyclic Derivatives of 3-
4. Synthesis and X-Ray J .Chemical Rajnikant • (DOI 2010
Crystallographic Analysis Crystallogr- 10.10
Sabeta Kohli , M.
of 2-(2, 4-Dimethyl Pyrrolyl) aphy 07/s1 -
Benzothiazole B. Deshmukh 0870
5. Microwave assisted synthesis of J.Indian M.B.Deshmukh, 302- 2009
2,3,4-trisubstituted Chem. Soc., A.W.Suryavanshi 305 86
1,2-dihydropyrimido- , S.S.Jagtap
6. Synthesis and Anti-microbial J.Indian M B Deshmukh*, 613- 86 2009
activity of pyridopyrazole and Chemical S.A.Deshmukh, 16
pyrazolo-[3,4-d]dihydrothiazol Soc. ,S.S.Jagtap,
S.D.Jadhav and P
7. .Multi residue analysis of 83 Journal of Patil S.H.,
pesticides and 12 dioxin like Chromatogra Banerjee K., 1216 2307-09 (2009)
polychlorinated biphenyls phy- Dasgupta,
in wine by gas chromatography- S.Oulkar
time of flight mass spectrometry, D.P.,Patil S.B.
Degradation kinetics and safety Pest Dasharath P 64 183-88 2009
8. evaluation of buprofezin residues in Manag Sci. Oulkar,a Kaushik (2)
grape and three Banerjee,a∗
Different soils of India Sangram H
9. Synthesis ,X-ray diffraction and Indian J. M. B. 48B 737-740 2009
optical spectral study of Benzo-18- Chemistry Deshmukh*, K N (5)
crown -6 containing Alasundkar, S M
monoazodyes. Salunkhe, D
S .A .Sankpal,
D R Patil & P V
10. A Novel one step synthesis of 2- European P.V.Anbhule, 44 2651-54 (2009)
amino-5-cyano-5-hydroxy 4-aryl Journal of M.B.Deshmukh, (6)
pyrimidines & Chemistry S,M. Salunkhe
their anti-bacterial activity, and D.R.Patil,
11. Microwave assisted synthesis of J.Indian M.B.Deshmukh, 85 330-332 (2008).
2,4-disubstituted pyrimido- Chem. Soc. A.W.Suryawansh
[1,2-a]benzimidazole, i,S.S.Jagtap and
12. A Novel and environmental Indian MB 47B 792-95 (2008).
friendly, one step synthesis of 2,6- J.Chem.Sec Deshmukh*, P
diamino-4- phenyl pyrimidine VAnbhule
carbonitrile using potassium ,S.D.Jadhav,S.S.J
carbonate in water . agtap,D.R.Patil,
Alasundkar, S M
Salunkhe, D R
Patil & S A
13. Synthesis of dibenzo- 18 -crown -6 Indian J. MBDeshmukh*K 47 B 1915- (2008)
ether containing pyrimidine Chemistry, NAlasundkar, S 1917
derivatives M Salunkhe, D K
14. A Novel and environmental Indian MBDeshmukh*P Sec. 792-95 (2008).
friendly , one step synthesis of 2,6- J.Chem. VAnbhule 47B
diamino-4- phenyl pyrimidine ,SD.Jadhav,
carbonitrile using potassium S.S.Jagtap,
carbonatein water D.R.Patil
S M Salunkhe, D
S A Sankpal,
15.. Synthesis of aminoacid derivatives J.Indian MBDeshmukh 85 290-92 (2008
of 2-mercaptobenzothiazole Chem. Soc PVAnbhule (3)
16. A novel and environmentally Indian J, M.B.Deshmukh Sec- 792-795 2008.
friendly one step synthesis of 2,6- Chemistry P.V.Anbhule, B, 47
Diamino-4- phenyl pyrimidine -5- (5),
carbonitrile using potassium
carbonate in water.
17. An efficient, simple, one pot Indian M .B. 46B 1545-48 2007.
synthesis of dihydropyrimidines 2- J.Chem. Deshmukh,
(1H) ones using P.V.Anbhule ,
Phosphrous pentoxide. A.R.Mali
18. Synthesis of some 4- substituted Indian J. M. B. Deshmukh, 46B 1211- 2007.
hydrazinotetrazolo [1,5-a] Chem. A. R. Mali, S. D. 1213
quinoxaline. Jadhav and A.
19. Copper-catalyzed substitution Indian J. 46B 989-994 2007
reactions of acylal with Chem Sec. M.B.Deshmukh ,
organomanganese S.D. Jadhav and
20. Synthesis and Biological activity of J. Indian M B Deshmukh, 84 1-3 2007
some benzothiazolidinones, Chem. S S Jagtap, S A
21. Synthesis and study of biological Indian MB 46 B 852-859 2007
activity of some new1,4- Journal of Deshmukh, S A
benzothiazines Chemistr Deshmukh, S S
y Jagtap and A R
22. Synthesis of some 4- substituted Indian J. M. B. Deshmukh, 1211-13 2007
hydrazinotetrazolo [1,5- Chem., A. R. Mali, S. D. 46B
a]quinoxalines. Jadhav and A. W.
23. Copper-catalyzed substitution Indian J. M.B.Deshmukh 46 B 2007
reactions of acylal with Chem . and S.D.Jadhav.
24. Synthesis and Biological activity of J. Indian MB 84 1-3 2007
some benzothiazolidinones, Chem Soc. Deshmukh, S S
Jagtap, S A
25. Synthesis and study of biological Indian MB 46 B 1-7 2007
activity of some new 1,4- Journal of Deshmukh, S A
benzothiazines Chemistry Deshmukh, S S
Jagtap & A R
26. A remarkable catalytic activity of Journal of M.B.Deshmukh, 248–250 2006
[Cu(NCMe)2(PPh3)2]BF4 in Chemical Sunil Jadhav, -
conjugateaddition of Research P.V. Anbhule,
organomanganese reagents to α,ß- A.R. Mali and
unsaturated ester, enones and allyl A.W.
27. Molecular and Crystal structure of Crystallogra Rajnikant, 51 615-618 2006
4-ethoxycarbonyloxy-1-oxo-1H- phy reports Dinesh, Kamni (4)
phthalazine-2-carboxylic acid (Russia) and M. B.
ethyl ester, Deshmukh
28. Synthesis, crystal structure and Indian Rajnikant, 44 602-05 2006
study 0f X-H…..A interaction in J.Pure and Dinesh and M. B.
N,N –bis-(4-methoxy benzylidine Applied Deshmukh
)-hydrazine. (Applied biosystems, Physics
29. Solvent free accelerated synthesis J. Indian M BDeshmukh, S 83 1-3 2006
of 2-hydrazinobenzothiazole Chem. Soc. S Jagtap & S A
derivatives using Microwave. Deshmukh
30. 2,3-Diphenylquinoxaline-Structure Acta Rajnikant, E62 2356- 2006
Reports Cryst(UK) Dinesh, M 2357
31. Synthesis X-ray structure and N-H- Bull. Mater. Rajnikant, 29(3) 239-242 2006
--O interactions in 1,3-diphenyl Sci. Dinesh, M B
urea. Deshmukh and
16. Conference/Symposia/Workshops attended :in last five years
Sr. No. Academic Year No. of conference/Symposia/workshops attended
1 2009-10 04 -
2 2008-09 04 O1
3 2007-08 02 01
4 2006-07 - 02
5 2005-06 02 03
18. Best paper Presentation Awards :
Sr. Title of the research paper Name of the Name of the Name of the
No. Conference with organizer award
1. Microwave Assisted Thiolation(S- International Department Best paper
alkylation)of Some Thioquinazoline Conference on of Chemistry, presentation
Derivatives under Solvent Free Drugdiscovery Shivaji
Conditions and process University, Citation +
(Oral). research, 23rd – Kolhapur. Cash Prize
25th January Rs-500/-
2. Synthesis of Some New Quinazolines International Department Best poster
as Thrombin Inhibitors Conference on of Chemistry, presentation
(Poster) Drug discovery Shivaji (Citation +
and process University, Cash Prize
research, 23rd – Kolhapur. Rs-500/-
3. Evaluation of Insecticides for the Deccan Sugar Best paper
control Technologist,s 1 Sept.2004 presentation
ofwhieWoollySugarcaneAphid,Cerat Association Citation +
ovacuna Lanigera ZehntControl of (India) Cash Prize
sugarcane White woolly aphid . 52 AnnualConv Rs-2000/-
held at Pune
4. Analytical Method Development Best poster 23rd-24th Citation &
and Validation for the presentation in December, Certificate
determination of volatile National 2010.
compounds in Wines by GCMS. Seminar on
5. Multi -residue analysis of 83 Rank 4th in 2009 Appreciation
pesticides and 12 dioxin-like
polychlorinated Hottest , the Letter from
biphenyls in wine by gas most down Editor
spectrometry, loaded research
Factor : (4.1)
19. Other Activities :
A] Extension Activity :
a) Invited Talks
Sr.No. Title of the Talk Name of the Organizing Date of the activity
1. Reaction Mechanism P. G. Centre of Shivaji University, 5th February,2003
& Stereochemistry Solapur
2. Theoretical P. G. Centre of Shivaji University, 9th Aug. 2004
3. Designing of Organic Y. C. College of Science, Karad 20th July, 2004
4. Designing of Dept. of Chemistry, Gulbarga 20th Aug., 2005
5. Methods of Pest Agri-business, Marketing and 14th March, 2006.
Control Development organized by AgPM
6. Physico-organic P. G. Centre, Mumbai University at D.B. 23rd Feb., 2006
Chemistry & J. College, Chiplun
7. Applications of MNR Arts, Commerce and Science college, 30th Jan. 2006.
& Mass Palus
18th and 19th March,
8. Integrated Pest Two days State level seminar at 2006.
9. Applications of NMR Workshop on Analytical 3 rd December, 2006.
And Mass Instrumentation conducted by USIC,
spectrometry Shivaji University, Kolhapur
10 Teaching in National level seminar organized 6th January,2007
Chemistry: What do byNSBCollege,Nanded
we aim for ( Key
11. Applications of Two days Seminar on Modern Trends in 2ndFebruary,2007
Instrumental instrumental Techniques of Analysis on
methods of analysis at College of Engineering Rajaramnagar ,
12. Writing of the State Level workshop on, on at Matoshri 5th Feb.2007
Research project Bayabai Kadam
A work shop on organized by on under
13. Research lead College programme .Arts, 15th February,2007
Methodology Commerce & Science College, Palus.
14. Designing of Invited Lectures on at P.G.Centre of 19th & 20 th
Synthesis and NMR Mumbai University at Ratnagiri February,2007
15. Theoretical Solapur Univ.Solapur
Chemistry. 6th Sept. .2006 & 22nd
16. Phermones in Refresher Course Organized by Staff
Integrated Pest Academic College Dr.B.A.Marathwada 23rdSeptember,2006
Management. University, Aurangabad
17. Reaction Mechanism P. G. Center of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar 14th&15th
University, Osmanabad. October,2006.
18. pesticides and Shankarao Mohite Mahavidyalaya, Akluj 11thOctober, 2006
Designing of P.G.Centre of Mumbai Univ.at
19. Synthesis & NMR Ratnagiri 19th & 20th
ReactionMechanism Solapur Univ.Solapur
20. & Stereochemistry 6th Sept. .2006 &
22 nd Feb. 2007
Writing of the Modern Trends in instrumental
21. Research project Techniques iof Analysis on at College of
proposals Engineering Rajaramnagar ,Tal-Walwa 2nd February,2007
Project Formulation State Level workshop at Matoshri
22.. in Science Bayabai Kadam Kadegaon,
Dist-Sangli. 5th February,2007
Designing of P.G.Centre of Mumbai University at
23. Synthesis and NMR Ratnagiri
spectroscopy 19th & 20th
Methods of Pest National level seminar organized by
24. control NSB College, Nanded
Integrated Pest Vivekanand College, Kolhapur
Research Arts, Commerce & Science College, Palus
26. Methodology on under lead College.
Green Chemistry One dat workshop on organized by
27.. Dahiwadi college, Dahiwadi.
. 5th February,2008
NMR & Mass Y.C. Institute of Science Satara
28. Spectroscopy (Lead College,Activity)
16th Feb, 2008
29. Manufacturing of P.G. Center of Solapur 3rd and 4th March,2008
Agrochemicals Shankarrao Mohite Patil College Akluj .
P.G. Center of Mumbai University,
30. 1)Molecular Orbital Mumbai 17th Feb, 2008
P.G. Center of Mumbai University,
31. i)NMR and Mass Mumbai 5th and 6th March,2008
ii) Designing of
S.H. Kelkar college, Deogad
32. Designing of Organic 22nd and 23rd
33. Reaction Mechanism NET & SET work shop : North 23rd May,2009
& Spectroscopic Maharashtra Univ. Jalgaon
34. Designing of New Sub-centre of Mumbai University at 26th-28th
Synthesis, Ratnagiri December,2008
35. Agriculture3)Invited A National Conference on Environment 29-30th Nov.,2008.
talk & Chairing the ,and Chemistry ,Arts ,Commerce and
session: on Science College, Kholwad (Surat)
26. S-Thilation of UGC sponsored National Seminar on 8-9th February,2008.
quinazolin-3(1H)one Effect of Drugs on Human Metabolism
and their biological
37. Green Chemistry UGC sponsored State level Seminar 28th & 29th December,
Dahivadi College, Dahivadi 2009
38. Effective Teaching One day work shop at 27th December, 2009.
Methodologies in Balbhim College, Beed.
Designing of Organic
39. Applications of State Level Seminar on Balwant College, December, 2009
Chemistry in Rural Vita
40. Applications of Two days workshop , Arts and Science, 8th & 9th December,
Chemistry in College, Palus 2010
41.. Designing of Organic Y.C.Institute of Science Satara Jan.2010
42.. IR spectroscopy & Sub-centre of Mumbai University at 25th-28th
Designing of Ratnagiri December,2009
43. Designing of P.G.Centre S.H.Kelkar College, Deogad Jan.2010
Organic Synthesis ,
P.G.Y.C.Institute of Science Satara
44. Retrosyntesis Jan.2010
Any other Information:: A)
a).Invited lectured in the work shop on NET & SET 23rd May,2009 at North
Maharashtra Univ. Jalgaon.
b)Subject expert for the recommendation of Text books , the board of
Higher secondary Education, Govt. of Maharashtra.
B) Public Outreach Activity
Campus interviews 2006-07
Placement officer:Worked as a Placement officer and arranged for Campus Interviews
on behalf of Cipla,Goa, Mcleoid Andheri, Excel Industries , Roha, Dist-Raigad :
Total 64 students placed in the industries for employment
Year No. of Placements:
Dept. of Chemistry,
E mail: email@example.com