PARKSIDE CHOIR EXPECTATIONS
Students are expected to:
1. Be in the Music Room with their music in hand within three minutes of the beginning of
2. Follow instructions the first time they are given.
3. Raise their hand and wait to be called on before talking.
4. Keep their hands, feet and objects to themselves.
5. Sing as directed to the best of their ability, with correct posture, in the proper style, and
with correct words at all times.
6. Attend ALL of their choir’s performances in the proper attire.
7. Submit a Letter of Excuse signed by a parent within ONE week of missing a concert.
Finish an Alternate Assignment within TWO weeks of missing a concert.
(See Mr. Eichenauer for options.)
Since choir is a class, the consequences for not meeting the classroom expectations (#1 - #5) will
1. Verbal warning.
2. Negative mark in grade book and a strike.
3. Second Negative mark in grade book, second strike, phone home and an Office Referral.
(A second Office Referral will result in removal from choir and an automatic grade of “N”.)
Since choir is a performance group, the consequences for not meeting the performance
expectations (#6 - #7) will affect the student’s grade:
1. A grade of B for missing a concert without a Letter of Excuse.
2. A grade of B for missing a concert without doing an Alternate Assignment.
3. A grade of C for missing a concert without submitting a Letter of Excuse or doing an
Please fill out the form below, remove, and attach the choir fee and return to the Music Office by
Friday, September 18 for Extra Credit. Thank you!
I have read the Parkside Choir Expectations and understand what is expected.
Student Name (Please Print) Date
Parent Signature Phone
Homeroom Teacher HR # Grade
Choir Fee ($5): Check # or Cash
(Checks should be payable to: Westlake Board of Education)