POST TO: The Director Tel : 021 – 855 2462
Commercial Services Fax: 086 5477 858
Stellenbosch University Sel : 079 699 1158
Private Bag X1 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read Appendix A carefully before completing and signing the
DETAILS OF GROUP
Name of Group: ______________________________________
Person responsible for group: ___________________________
Date of Arrival: ____________________ Time: after 14:00
Date of Departure: ____________________ Time: before 10:00
NOTE: The position of organiser and the position of person responsible for the
group each has distinct responsibilities attached to it.
One person can fill both positions or each position can be filled by a different
person. Keep this in mind and be very thorough and accurate in reading through
and completing this application form.
For office use only
Name of Meals (X) Bedding
Residence Breakfast Light Main (Yes/No)
A GROUP SETUP
Please specify the number of people per category requiring accommodation
CATEGORY MALE FEMALE
SINGLE SHARING SINGLE SHARING
NOTE: If there are people with children (up to the age of 5 years), requiring
accommodation for the children as well, please give full details of
a) the number of children: ____________________________________
b) their age: ____________________________________
c) the sort of arrangement desired: ____________________________________
B TYPE OF ACCOMMODATION NEEDED
Mark only the appropriate category with an X
LUNCH (MAIN MEAL)
SUPPER (LIGHT MEAL)
NOTE: Section C only applies to groups who choose accommodation with
FIRST MEAL: (DATE) ________________________ MEAL: __________________
LAST MEAL: (DATE) ________________________ MEAL: __________________
MAIN MEALS ARE SERVED AT MIDDAY. IF YOU WOULD PREFER TO HAVE YOUR MAIN MEAL IN THE
EVENING, PLEASE INDICATE SO AND MOTIVATE:
PLEASE PROVID THE DATES ON WHICH MEALS WILL NOT BE TAKEN DUE OF OFFICIAL
DATES (BREAKFAST): _____________________________________________________________
DATES (LUNCH): _____________________________________________________________
DATES (DINNER): _____________________________________________________________
D SPECIAL REQUESTS
E DETAILS OF GROUP ORGANISER
POSTAL ADDRESS: ________________________________________________________________
____________________________________________________________ CODE: _____________
TELEPHONE (W): _________________________ (H): ________________________________
CELLPHONE: ______________________________ E-MAIL: ______________________________
F ACCOUNT DETAILS
PERSON RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SETTLING OF THE GROUP'S ACCOUNT:
__________________________________________________________ CODE: _________________
If you prefer that an invoice be e-mailed to you, please complete:
I, ________________________________________, in my
capacity as the person responsible for the group, hereby confirm that I
understand and accept the rules and conditions as set out in Appendix A.
1. I accept from hereon forward full liability, in my personal capacity, for
any damage or disadvantage that the University may suffer as a direct or
indirect result of the group's use of University accommodation. I
undertake, together with the organiser, to pay the University of
Stellenbosch, on request, for any damage or loss of property.
2. I indemnify the Stellenbosch University and all its employees against any
liability whatsoever which may result, directly or indirectly, from the
group's use of University accommodation.
3. I furthermore confirm that I have instructions and the authority to sign
on behalf of every member of the group to indemnify Stellenbosch
University of everything as set out in the previous point.
4. I undertake to accompany the group at all times and to exercise the
necessary supervision and control over the group.
SIGNED AT _______________________ ON THE _____ DAY OF __________20____
NAME OF GROUP:
(print name please)
RESPONSIBLE PERSON SIGNATURE
(print name please)
ACCOMMODATION IN SU RESIDENCES
RULES AND CONDITIONS
A GENERAL CONDITIONS
1. Preference will be given to groups visiting Stellenbosch because of activities
that are connected to Stellenbosch University.
2. Accommodation will not be granted to any visiting groups during the academic
semesters, when the University is obligated to provide residence to students.
3. The completed (signed) form must reach Residence Administration no later
than four weeks before the start of the holiday during which time the group
will require accommodation.
4 The final number and/or names of people requiring accommodation, as
approved by the University, must reach Residence Administration no less than
three weeks before the start of the holiday during which time the group will
require accommodation. This enables us to make the necessary arrangements
with regard tot meal planning, room etc.
5. Communication between Residence Administration and the person responsible
for the group, as well as the organiser, must be established before the group's
use of University accommodation commences, and be maintained throughout
the duration of the group's stay in the residence.
6. Students and scholars must be accompanied by a responsible, adult person. It is
required that this person shall be in the hostel every night from no later than
21:00, if the students / scholars are in the hostel from this time.
7. At the time of the group's arrival, the guard at the door of the residence must
be given a detailed programme of the activities that the group will be taking
8. The person responsible for the group, together with the guard, shall, directly
after the end of the group's stay in the residence, set up a complete list of
persons in the group and the duration of their stay in the residence. This list
must be signed by both.
9. The guard and the person responsible for the group shall go through the
residence and notarise the state and contents of every room before the group
moves in. When the group departs, they shall go through the rooms again to
notarise any damage or loss that may have occurred. The organiser and the
person responsible for the group shall be held fully liable for any such damage
or loss that the group may render to University property.
10. If the number of people requiring decreases after the final figures have been
confirmed in writing with the University, the group's account will still be
debited in accordance with the already confirmed final figures.
11. It is the up to of the person responsible for the group, to ensure that the
grounds outside the residence is kept clean from any littering by the group.
12. Please note that University grounds and residences are occupied at own risk
and that neither Stellenbosch University nor any personnel member of the
University is to be held responsible, whether by implication or categorically,
for the safety of any person in the group or for their property.
13. The University reserves the right of way of University grounds and residences,
as well as the right to search any person, vehicle or object entering the
premises, for dangerous and/or undesirable items.
14. Stellenbosch University cannot be held liable for any loss, damage, injury or
prejudice that may occur during the group's stay.
15. The University reserves the right to take steps accordingly, against any member
of any group that trespasses against any University rule or any law of the
B FUNCTIONS AND LIQUOR
1. No formal parties, gatherings or use of liquor shall be permitted in the
2. Music is allowed but after 21:00 the person responsible for the group shall
ensure that the music does not disturb any of the other guests in the residence.
3. The University reserves the right to instruct the US Protection Services to
confiscate, and hold in safekeeping any musical instrument, radio, tape
recorder, etc. that is used after 21:00 in such a manner as to cause a
disturbance to any of the other guests in the residence.
C GENERAL INFORMATION
1. For the current rates of Visiting Groups, see the rates list included.
2. Should a group member or members ask for extra blankets, the group account
will be debited accordingly.
3. Rooms shall be cleaned daily, but beds shall only be made for groups who pay
for accommodation with bedding included.
4. No towels shall be provided, unless asked for by the group, and only if the
group is paying for accommodation with bedding included.
5. Group members must supply their own clothing hangers, irons and/or locks for
cupboards as well as lock for room , as these items will not be provided to any
6. No heaters may be used inside any residence.
1. A deposit of 25%, as stipulated by Residence Administration, shall be payable in
2. This mandatory deposit is non-refundable if the group should cancel less then
two weeks before the start of the University Holidays in which they were to
have made use of University accommodation.
1. Full accommodation includes 3 meals per day. No coffee or tea will be served
before breakfast. No discount will be given in cases where certain meals are
2. All meals shall be provided according to a set menu. No special meals will be
3. Meal times are as follows :
Breakfast 07:15 to 08:00
Lunch 12:30 to 13:15
Supper 17:30 to 18:15
If the above mentioned times are not adhered to, the group will be held
responsible for any extra costs e.g. overtime, transport of personnel etc. which
will be debited against the group's account.
PRICING - VISITING GROUPS 2011
Accommodation per day Own bedding R108.00
Accommodation per day With bedding R133.00
Cost per meal Breakfast R27.50
Light Meal R33.50
Main Meal R45.00
Accommodation per day Own bedding R218.00
Accommodation per day With bedding R241.00
Cost per meal Breakfast R33.50
Light Meal R43.25
Main Meal R57.00