The Center for Student Involvement & Leadership is pleased to announce
the availability of a Board of Governors scholarship for leadership to be
awarded for the 2007-2008 academic year. The Board of Governors
scholarship is valued at in-state undergraduate tuition and is renewable
provided the student meets the renewal criteria each year.
To be considered for a Board of Governors scholarship, a currently enrolled
student must be a resident of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and have
at least a 2.5 cumulative QPA during their first year of study or a 2.7 QPA
beyond the first year.
A selection committee will evaluate applications for the scholarship based
upon the following criteria:
1. Demonstrated involvement in leadership activities at Slippery Rock
2. Commitment to continued leadership involvement in future activities
3. Quality of faculty/staff recommendations regarding leadership
4. Long-term benefit of the scholarship award
5. Adherence to residency and grade requirements
6. Financial Need
Application materials are available in the Center for Student Involvement &
Leadership (B-105 University Union) and residence hall welcome desks.
Application must be received by March 30, 2007. For additional
information, please contact:
Chris Cole, Director
University Union/Center for Student Involvement & Leadership