St. Joseph’s Matric, Hr. Sec. School, Veppoor.
Model Question Paper
Time allowed: 3 Hours Maximum Marks: 150
N.B: Candidates should answer part – I (Botany) & Part – II (Zoology) in
Separate answer – books
Part – I (Botany)
( Marks – 75)
Section – A
Note: i) Answer all the questions
ii) Choose and write the correct answer.
iii) Each question carries one mark. 14x1=14
1. ----------- may be defined as taxonomy of living population.
a) Biosystematics b) Cenospecies
c) Monandria d) Sexual system
2. Pink flowered ornamental plant in solanaceaeis
a) Butea frondosa b) Cestrum diurnum
c) Cestrum nocturnum d) Petunia diurnum
3. The seed coat of pisum consists of
a) Brachy Sclerides b) Macrosclerides
c) Osteo sclerides d) Micro Sclerides
4. The unicellular alga that has lamp brush chromosome is
a) Spirulina b) Chlamydomonas
c) Aceta bularia d) Spirogyra
5. Inherent ability of plant cell to develop into a whole plant is called
a) De differentiation b) Differentiation
c) Re differentiation d) Totipotency
6. The carbon dioxide acceptor molecule in the bundle sheath cells of CH plant is
a) Phos phenol pyruvic acid b) RUBP
c) OAA d) Pyruvic acid
7. Which of the following is a long day plant?
a) Tobacco b) Sunflower
c) Maize d) Wheat.
8. Transgenic monocotyledonous plant is
a) Avena sativa b) Ni cotiana tabaccum
c) Glycine max d) Betavulgaris
9. The instrument used to demonstrate that Co2 is released during respiration is
a) Auxanometer b) Ganong’s light screen
c) Thistl funnel d) Ganong’s respirascoie
10. The plant which has the trade name Hadjor (bone joiner) is
a) Kuppaimeni b)Vilvam
c) Thottal chinuungi d) pirandai
11. Complete oxidation of one molecule of glucose yields
a) 35 ATP b) 36 ATP
c) 38 ATP d) 40 ATP
12. Which one of the following is antiviral?
a) Lysozyme b) interferon
c) Protein d) Hormone
13. The essential component is
a) Mg b) Fe
c) Cl d) Mn
14. The first man made cereal is Known as.
a) Triticale b) Capsicum
c) Arachis d) Oryza.
Section – B
Note: i) Answer any seven questions
ii) Each question carries three marks 7x3=21
15. What are the defects of artificial system of classification of plants?
16. What is type specimen
17. What is cladode? Give an example
18. Draw diagram for bicollateral vascular bundle and label the parts.
19. Write any three significance of ploidy
20. Define callus.
21. Write the overall equation of photo synthesis.
22. What is fermentation?
23. Write the chain of electron carries in electron transport system.
24. Define vernalization.
25. Define biofertilizer.
Section – C
Note: i) Answer any four questions including question No. 26 which is compulsory.
ii) Draw diagrams wherever necessary
iii) Each question carries five marks. 4x5=20
26. Bring out the significance of herbarium.
27. Give an account of classification of meristem with diagram.
28. Write short noted on the structure of chromosome.
29. How is DNA cut?
30. Explain the lever auxonometer experiment with diagram.
31. Bring about the physiological effects of ethylene.
32. Write the economic importance of teak.
Section – D
Note: i) Answer any two questions.
ii) Draw diagrams wherever necessary
iii) Each question carries ten marks.
2x10 = 20
33. Discuss the outline of Bentham and Hookers classification of plants.
34. Describe the primary structure of monocot stem.
35. Explain the techniques in plant tissue culture.
36. Draw calvin cycle without explanation.
Note: (i) Answer all the questions.
(ii) Choose the correct answer.
(iii) Each questions carries one mark. 16x1=16
1.The arfifical kidney is
a) donar kidney b) dializer c) Photopsin d) Muco-protein
2. In the presence of testosterone, FSH in male promotes ________
a) Protein synthesis b) Secretion of androgens
c) Formation of sperms d) growth of Graafian follicles
3. The pathogenic form of entamoeba histolytica is __________
a) encysted spores b) Vegetative trophozite c) merozite d) Schigont
4. Which one of the following is antiviral?
a) Lysozyme b) Interferon c) Protein d) Hormone
5. The germ theory of diseases was established by ______
a) Louis Pasteur b) Robert koch c) Lister d) Alexander flemming
6. Name the human disease due to autosomal dominant gene.
a) Sickle cell anaemia b) Thalassemia c) SCID d) Huntington’s chorea
7. The term ‘Supersburg’ refers to ________
a) arthropods b) Insects c) beetles d) genetically engineered bacteria
8. The most abundant Green-house gas is _____
a) NO2 b) CO2 c) O3 d) SO2
9. The hazardous bio-medical waste are disposed of by means of ______
a) bio-remediation b) deep well injection
c) Surface impoundments d) incineration
10. The milk of which of the following cows is characterized by high carotenes context?
a) Sindhi b) Haryana c) Gir d) Jersey
11. The blood cell count is made by using ______
a) Glucomenter b) Sphygmometer
c) Haemoglobinometer d) Halmocytometer
12. Murrels belong to the order ______
a)Channiformers b) Perciformes c) Siluriformes d) Salmoniformes
13. The German Scientist who segregated germplasm from somatoplasm for
the first time was _____
a) Lamark b) Malthus c) Weismann d) Hugo de vries
14. Deficiency of vitamin D causes
a) Nyctalopia b) Xerphthalmia c) Osteomalacia d) Pellagra
15. Partial albinism causes.
a) Leucoderma b)Vitiligee c) Melanoma d) Dermatitis
16. Tumour inducing viruses are called _______
a) Pathogenic viruses b) Oncogenic viruses
c) Para viruses d) Variola viruses
Note: (i) Answer any eight question.
(ii) Each question carries three marks. 8x3=24
17. What is kwashiorkor? Mention its symptoms.
18. What is cataract? Mention its types.
19. Mention any two pathogenic protozoan.
20. Define cell mediated immunity (CMI)
21. Write a short note on haplotype.
22. Write any two uses of karotypins of human chromosome.
23. What is protein data bank?
24. What is non-biodegradable waste? Given an example.
25. Define biodiversity.
26. Mention any two symtoms of milk fever.
27. What is coputed tomography scan?
28. State germplasm theory?
Note: (i) Answer any three questions including Question No:31 which is
(ii) Each question carries five marks. 3x5=15
29. Give an account of root canal treatment.
30. Describe any two bacterial sexually transmitted diseases in man?
31. What are the symptoms of graft rejection.
32. Mention the ethical problems of cloning.
33. Write a short note on Neo-Lamarckism.
Note: (i) Answer any two questions.
(ii) Each question carries ten marks. 2x10=20
34. Define bone fracture and explain the different types of bone fracture.
35. Enumerate the events involved in the function of the human heart.
36. Write an essay on common diseases of cattle.
37. How will you manage hazardous waste?
-------------- Best of Luck -------------