Draft Minutes of the Kirkmahoe Community Council Annual General Meeting of the 18th October, 2011 in Kirkton Village Hall. Present – KCC Members - Jean Muir, John Young, Neil Munro, Derek Ivy, Hugh Johnstone, Fiona Meikle-Latta, Non-KCC Members – Claire Corlett, Gordon Bisset, Kirsty Johnstone, Jamie McKenzie, D. Henderson, Sheila Johnstone, Adeline Murray, Dobie Davidson, Mary Harkness, Heather McNay Agenda Item No: 1 – Chairman’s Welcome 2 – Apologies – Peter Landale, Jeff Leaver, Pam Taylor 3 – Chairman’s Annual Report 3.1 – Jean Muir reported to the meeting that we have an active community where a large number of people are willing to give their help and support when needed. She referred, in particular, to the extreme weather conditions of last winter when many households experienced frozen water pipes and to the fact that about 70 people helped at the Gala. She went on to talk about Kirkton Enhancements and the tidy up of the War Memorial. She thanked the committee and the community for all their efforts and good teamwork during the year. 4 – Treasurer’s Annual Report 4.1 – The Annual Accounts as at 31st March 2011 have been Independently Examined by Mr Robin McClelland. There are no changes to the accounts that were approved by the Kirkmahoe Community Councillors earlier in the year. Copies are available. JM proposed and JY seconded the formal adoption of the accounts. 4.2 –Agreed to express thanks to Robin McClelland for examining and certifying the annual accounts. 4.3 – The Management Accounts as at 30th September, had been circulated to Kirkmahoe Community Councillors, but these are historical. Since that time, we have received the Year 4 Windfarm Grant amounting to some £1,809 that included some interest. The present position is that our total assets less liabilities amount to £3615.66 and this is all in the Bank. 4.4 – Grants from D & G Council - Bids will now be made for the annual administrative grant and grants to support the 2012 Gala Event and the Senior Citizens Evening. 5 – Election of Office Bearers 5.1 – Agreed the present office bearers continue to hold office for the ensuing year: Chairman - Jean Muir, proposed by DI, seconded JY Vice Chairman - Peter Landale, proposed by JM, seconded FM-L Treasurer - Derek Ivy, proposed by JM, seconded NM Secretary - John Young, proposed by JM, seconded DI Draft Minutes of the Kirkmahoe Community Council of the 18th October, 2011 in Kirkton Village Hall. Present – KCC Members - Jean Muir, John Young, Neil Munro, Derek Ivy, Hugh Johnstone, Fiona Meikle-Latta, Non-KCC Members – Claire Corlett, Gordon Bisset, Kirsty Johnstone, Jamie McKenzie, D. Henderson, Sheila Johnstone, Adeline Murray, Dobie Davidson, Mary Harkness, Heather McNay Agenda Item No: 1 – Chairman’s Welcome 2 – Apologies – Peter Landale, Jeff Leaver, Pam Taylor 6 – Minutes of the last meeting on 21st September, 2011 6.2 – That the last sentence of point 5.3, which reads, “It was agreed that KCC would pay up to £300 for a gate to the War Memorial”, be deleted. 6.1 – That point 5.2 of the minute should read: “GB in contact with the War Memorial Trust from whom a grant may be forthcoming for the replacement of the railings.” 6.3 – Noted e mail from Councillor Jeff Leaver confirming the Council would complete the cleaning of the War memorial prior to Remembrance Day. 6.4 GB will report to future meetings on the progress of his project, as appropriate. 6.5 – The minutes will continue to be sent out in “draft” form until approved by the Committee. 6.6 – When a decision is taken re money it must be double checked and put in the minutes. 6.7 – JY to seek advice from the Council re protocol. 6.6 – Approved the minutes of 21st September, 2011 moved by JM and seconded by JY. 7 – Matters arising from the minutes - 7.1 – Noted that the Council has agreed to allocate £10,000 for a footpath from the village green to the Church. Work should start soon. 7.2 – (FML) JY spoke to Mr Clyne, the planning officer for the Council, about the road from Kirkton to Kirktonfield which is an access road and not a right of way. 8 – Kirkton Enhancements (NM) 8.1 – The bench has been delivered and the plaque has been purchased and engraved. 8.2 – The sandstone for the bench and planters has been gifted by Stancliffe Stone Company of Locharbriggs Quarry and will be delivered on Friday, 21st October. 8.3 – Noted that there was some concern about damage to the bench where it is to be sited. The results of the survey, however, showed that a majority wished for the bench to be situated near the pump. If damage should occur, the location will be reviewed. 8.4 – Six half-barrel planters are to be placed on 700mm x 700m sandstone bases and the floral decorations will be managed by volunteers including, Jean Muir, Suzanne Hayward, Nena Cuthbertson and Adeline Murray. Whilst NM has offered to gift the planters, DI has in his possession, whole barrels which, if cut down, may be suitable. This is being looked into. 8.5 – A sum of up to £50 was agreed for the purchase of bulbs to be planted on the village green. 8.6 - BT phone box refurbishment in progress. All other actions are in hand. 9 – Winter Events Seminar 9.1 – JY attended this seminar on 29th September which provided worthwhile information about how the emergency services and other agencies act in a winter emergency situation. 10 – Police Report – no police present. 11 – Councillors’ Report – no Councillors present. 12 – Planning Matters 12.1 – Noted that JY attended a pre-application consultation meeting in Auldgirth Hall on the Blackwood Windfarm proposal, and that the proposed link to the grid would be due east from the locus to the Dunscore Sub-station but at this stage there was no indication of the preferred route for hauling the site materials. DI attended a meeting about another windfarm at Dalswinton where the information planning system has been submitted. KCC are keeping a watchful eye on windfarm progress. 13 – Events 13.1 – Carol singing Sunday 18th December at 6.30 pm. 13.2 – Senior Citizens Night - Friday 24th February. 13.3 – The Race Night has been postponed until March 2012. 13.4 – The Events Sub-committee are waiting for information from PL re Diamond Jubilee Party/Kirkmahoe Street Party scheduled for the weekend of 2 - 3 June, 2012 14 - Correspondence 14.1 – Council Seminar 15 November 2011. Agreed NM and JY attend and report back. 14.2 – Scottish Water Winter Code – Noted the consumer advice for the Winter was Heat, Insulate and Protect. 14.3 – Noted the Sixth Periodic Review of Parliamentary Constituency Boundaries and the deadline for comments was 4 January 2012. 15 – Any other business 15.1 – War Memorial - GB ran through a short history of the War Memorial before informing the meeting of the work which has been done to clean the memorial, repair the steps and tidy up the surrounding area. An interest for funding has been sent to the War Memorial Trust. It was agreed to pay £300 for the gate to the War Memorial. 15.2 – FML suggested having a microphone system at KCC meetings for the hard of hearing. JY to look into different possibilities. 15.3 – Noted that Grapevine is ready for distribution. 16 – Date of Next Meeting - The next meeting will be on Wednesday, 16th November 2011 in Dalswinton Village Hall at 7.30 pm.