The Cell Cycle
1. Large organisms grow ___________________________ injured parts by producing new
2. The cell cycle is the regular sequence of _______________________undergone by cells.
3. The cell cycle is composed of three distinct stages:
Stage 1- ____________________ – the period before cell division begins. During this
stage the cell grows larger, makes a copy of its DNA, and prepares to divide into two
Stage 2 – ___________________ – the stage of the cell cycle in which the genetic
material is divided and distributed to the two new nuclei.
Stage 3 –____________________ – the stage in which the cytoplasm divides and
organelles such as mitochondria are distributed to each of the new cells.
4. _______________ – is a thin threadlike genetic material that is contained inside the
_______________of the cell.
5. When a cell ____________________, chromatin will condense into structures known as
6. Chromosomes will be ________________ and the matching chromosomes (called sister
chromatids) will be held together by a structure called a _____________________.