The completion of a five day analysis of local, national and global weather will be
undertaken using the Vancouver Sun’s “Weather” section and other resources of your
choice. These are the three things you must do:
1) Monitor the daily weather outside in Vancouver simply by :
- observing what is occurring over the day
- watching local weather reports on TV., internet or asking another person.
Description will get you half the marks and analysis (suggestions as to why
the weather is doing what it is doing) will get you the rest of the marks. (20
2) Using the weather map of Canada from the Vancouver Sun, describe the general
weather conditions across Canada using reference to the symbols on the map over
the same five day period.
Again, your analysis may be aided by watching local weather reports on t.v.,
internet or asking another person. Description will get you half the marks and analysis
(suggestions as to why the weather is doing what it is doing) will get you the rest of
the marks. (20 marks)
3) Choose a location from each of Australia, Europe, Asia, and South America and
using your text and handout, explain the climate that is in this place and then the
weather for this location over the five day period. (20 marks)
Dates of analysis: 5 days within the week of Tuesday, May 1/07 – Saturday, May 5/07.
Format of the Project: This can be up to you. I would suggest a booklet or digital
packaging of your choice.
Final project handed in on Tuesday, May 8, 2007.