Transformation of Energy during Digestion
Question: How do we know that energy is being transformed during digestion?
Hypothesis: If I put liver in hydrogen peroxide then I can measure temperature to prove that energy
Raw liver Petri dish
Scissors Graduated cylinder
75mL hydrogen peroxide Goggles
Time (sec) Temp ( C) Temp (oC)
Include: title, label x and y axis, units, dependent and independent variables, legend, use color
1. What did cutting the liver represent?
2. What did the hydrogen peroxide represent?
3. Use your data to summarize what happened to the energy during the investigation.
4. What type of energy is being released?
5. How would you improve this investigation?
Explain in detail