8th Grade Syllabus
Spanish Fort Middle School
8th Grade Teachers
• Mrs. Brown • Mrs. Helms
• Mrs. Calloway • Mrs. Jordan
• Mr. Daniels • Mrs. Ramirez
• Mrs. Harrison • Mrs. Turn
• Mrs. Dreaper • Mrs. K. Walker
• Coach Warfield • Ms. Cloer
• Coach Jones • Dr. Coker
• Students must be in homeroom no later
• If the student is not in the classroom at
that time, he/she will be marked absent.
• A textbook for each subject as been
checked out to you.
• Take good care of it.
• If you lose it or it is stolen, you will have to
pay for a replacement.
Monday Language Arts/Reading/Math
Tuesday Science/Social Studies/Math
Wednesday Language Arts/Reading/Math
Thursday Science/Social Studies/Math
Friday Language Arts/Reading/Math
• You will have homework every night.
• It should take you about one hour to
complete all of your homework.
– Consider this when doing your homework:
• Time management
• Study Skills
• 60% Mastery
• 30% Practice
• 10% Introduction/Activation/Review
• If a student is performing below 70%,
he/she will be required to attend Café
Study Hall during lunch on Tuesday,
Wednesday and Thursday.
• If the student does not attend, he/she will
lose one Toro Buck for each day missed.
• For major discipline infractions, students will be
sent directly to the office.
• For other infractions, students will sign their
teacher’s discipline log with the following
– 1st Infraction-warning
– 2nd Infraction-lose a Toro Buck
– 3rd Infraction-Break Detention/Lose a Toro Buck
– 4th Infraction-Parent Contacted/Lose a Toro Buck
– 5th Infraction-Office Referral/Lose a Toro Buck
• To recognize students who are doing what
they are supposed to be doing every day!
• Each week a student does NOT sign the
discipline log, he/she will earn a Toro Buck
• Could earn up to 5 Toro Bucks a week
• Can earn more for going above and
• Win fabulous privileges and prizes for high
Toro Buck accounts!
• Cheating will NOT be tolerated.
• If a student is caught cheating, he/she will
swiftly receive the most severe
Absences and Make-Up Work
• Students have 3 days to make up missed
• Teachers will not provide assignments in
• Students are responsible for taking care of
• Extra credit not an option
• Parents can schedule conferences by
emailing one of the student’s teachers
• Conference times are Tuesday-Friday
• All of your students’ core teachers will be
• Students receive 5 hall passes each
quarter to use to go to their lockers or
• Students may redeem hall passes for Toro
• Students may not leave the classroom
without the hall pass
• If you do not return your library book on
time, you will be fined 10¢ per day.
• All fines must be paid in order to receive
your next year’s schedule.
• Students are allowed to use E-readers in
their language arts classes.
• Students may be allowed to use E-
Readers in other classes upon the
• Students and parents must sign a
permission form to use E-readers.
• Students will go to break with their 3rd
• After break students will return to their 3rd
period teacher’s room, pick up their books
and go to their 4th period class
• Students will go to their lockers after 5th
period, grab their stuff for 6th period and go
to their 6th period class.
• The 6th period teacher will escort students
to the cafetorium.
• Be sure to check your teacher’s website
for important information.
• If you are out, look at the website instead
of contacting your teacher.
Famous Failures (hq).mp4
This is your last year at
Spanish Fort Middle School.
Try some new things. Take some risks.
Put forth your very best effort every
Make this year, your best year!