The Royal College of Pathologists
Pathology: the science behind the cure
Terms and conditions
Information about the different activities of the College can be viewed on the website at www.rcpath.org.
Note: Due to building work taking place in the basement of 2 Carlton House Terrace, the College staff have
relocated to Hamilton House, Mabledon Place, Bloomsbury, London WC1H 9BB until early June 2008.This is a
Regus-serviced office centre, is shared with the headquarters of the National Union of Teachers. Hamilton
House is located between Kings Cross St Pancras station and Euston Station. just off the Euston Road.
The benefits offered by the College are:
• 25 days annual leave plus public holidays (the leave year runs from 1 January to 31 December). Leave
entitlement increases by one day per two years of completed continuous service, to a maximum of 33 days
• final salary pension scheme
• use of subsidised staff restaurant at the Royal Society
• use of well-equipped kitchen facilities and staffroom
• a travel season ticket loan scheme, available following successful completion of the probationary period
• generous maternity and paternity leave policy
• accessible central London location with modern offices, opposite St James’ Park
• no-smoking offices.
The general conditions of the post are:
• 35-hour week (excluding lunch hours), Monday to Friday
• three-month probationary period
• absence due to sickness in the first three months must be taken either as annual leave or unpaid leave, as
the College does not give sick pay during this period
• all staff are required to sign an internet/email policy regarding personal usage
• subject to one month’s notice by either party.
Applications must include:
• the completed application form
• a full curriculum vitae
• a covering letter
Applications should be sent to Miss Sandra Dewar, Assessment Manager, The Royal College of Pathologists,
3rd floor, Hamilton House, Mabledon Place, London WC1H 9BB, by the closing date of Friday 11 April 2008.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 23 April 2008.
PATRON H.M. THE QUEEN 2 Carlton House Terrace
London SW1Y 5AF
Registered Charity No: 261035 Tel: 020 7451 6700 Fax: 020 7451 6701