JORDAN COMMONS CONDO ASSOCIATION, INC.
Board of Directors Meeting
20 January 2011
Jordan Commons Website: www.jordancommons.net
Approved Deck Stain: Cabot # 9205.
Board Members Present: Al Vescovi, Mary Ann Huska, Tim Olsen, Bob Woolf
Northeast Property Group: Chris Myers
Unit owners present….(1)
Meeting called to order at 7:00 PM.
Minutes of the previous meeting:
1. No comments/discussion.
2. Motion to accept December 2010 minutes: Mary Ann; 2nd. Bob. Motion Passed.
1. The apparent discrepancy in the street lighting costs satisfactorily explained.
2. Unit #6 door charges to be further refined.
3. Gutter cleaning charges: The charges for 2010 were historically consistent when
explained that charges paid had overlapped from other years resulting in 2010 charges
4. Motion to accept: Mary Ann; 2nd. Tim. Motion passed.
1. Per the electrician through Chris, the current metal halide bulbs (and probably ballasts)
will be phased out. We will then have to replace one or both. The possibility exists that the
new bulbs will not fit into the current bulb housings, and we will be faced with
replacing the bulb housings and quite possibly the poles too. All in the name of increased
energy efficiency. This will decrease our electricity bill (but will probably take years to
recover the cost of replacement parts).
2. The cardboard dumpster: Al will weigh the cost of purchasing a dumpster for cardboard
vs. the cost of continuing to pay Waste Management to pick up the cardboard. The town
of Waterford would pick up cardboard at no additional charge to Jordan Commons.
Al will have the info at the May meeting.
3. Hinged doors needed for emergency access to the basements of ranch buildings will cost
approximately $150.00, per Chris. Some doors have been done. NPG action item: to
survey the number of remaining access doors that need to be replaced.
4. Storm drain cleaning: Postponed until spring.
1. Small entrance door in dumpster gate near Bldg. #12 doesn’t close. NPG action item:
2. Per Al, to replace all screens (approximately 800) in all units in the complex would cost in
the range of $10,000.00 at Johnson Hardware. An arrangement can be worked out
wherein each unit owner can clearly mark their name and unit number on each screen and
leave them at the pool house for pick up on a case by case basis when a screen or screens
need to be replaced. This could begin in May. Further discussion and details to be worked
out. This would minimize a lump sum cost as the replacements would be carried out over
a period of time.
3. Kurt has agreed to sign the hold harmless clause promulgated by the Association’s
insurance company. This is being done in response to insurance requirements to assure
retaining our current insurance cost for the remaining years 2 and 3 of our 3 year coverage
agreement. This would reduce Jordan Commons’ premium by about $1,500.00.
4. Of Note: Jordan Commons Condo Association has been approved by H.U.D. This is
additional assurance that is of value to purchasers when they apply for a mortgage.
5. Snow shoveling between cars of ranch unit owners or un-numbered spaces is not a
contracted service, nor is shoveling out around townhouse unit cars. It is up to unit owners
to move their cars or shovel it themselves. If there is a demonstrated health issue, contact
NPG for guidance and assistance.
Directors Reports: None
Motion to adjourn: Bob, 2nd. Tim. Motion passed. Meeting adjourned at 7:45 PM.