Jacqueline D. Woods
W: 203-373-3387 M: 203-224-8657
Summary of Qualifications:
Proven senior marketing leader in global strategies, noted for growing businesses using sound brand principles
to develop customer-centered programs delivered through laser-focused execution. Harmonizes customer needs
by prioritizing buyer requirements as a blueprint to profitably accelerate sales. Tested leadership in building
partnerships, alliances, channels (direct, indirect, and online), and unifying business divisions – sales, service,
operations, risk and product management into cohesive teams focused on meeting shared goals. Successfully
owned and managed P&L results for consumer and enterprise product lines for electronic commerce, telecom
and software industries.
• Leads GE’s primary growth initiatives across the $178B portfolio and drove $335M incremental revenue
• Delivered over $350M in sales for Oracle strategic accounts
• Drove $1B in annual savings through Oracle’s eBusiness standardization initiative
• Directed Oracle/Dell sales and marketing joint venture achieving $160M incremental revenue
• Launched a private label consumer product line at Ameritech with sales of $330M for its telecom products
General Electric, Fairfield CT January 2007 – present
Global Director, Chief of Customer Segmentation & Customer Experience
Reporting to Senior Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer
Synopsis of Responsibilities:
As GE’s leader of Segmentation and Customer Experience, responsible for developing the company’s “go-to-
market” strategy designed to increase demand, improve the customer experience and build long-term brand
equity for GE’s $178B portfolio of infrastructure, finance and media companies (B2B & B2C). Executes by
maximizing profitability within segments and improving sales conversion rates to drive share of wallet, loyalty,
and retention– resulting in $335M incremental revenue and achieving margin optimization via targeted pricing
strategies. Manage marketing program investments of $20M+ across enterprise.
• Leads team of experienced commercial leaders to manage over 60 marketing programs concurrently across
GE portfolio – Commercial, Consumer, and Capital Finance, Energy, NBC Universal, Aviation, Healthcare,
Transportation, Water, Oil & Gas, Automation and Sensing systems. Specialized expertise in emerging
markets – Asia, Middle East and Africa.
• Increased sales close rates by 33%, margins by 14% and improved overall Net Promoter’s Score by
implementing Map, Measure and Act framework to manage all relevant customer touch points
• Instituted ROI management through the use of a new Customer Equity and Economics Scorecard, focused on
account level profitability, share of wallet, targeted acquisition, brand equity and retention.
• Developed the 7 pillars of the company’s Marketing Center of Excellence framework and established GE best
practices from concept to execution through direct and digital channels.
Oracle USA, Inc., Redwood Shores, CA December 1997 – 2007
Vice President, Office of the CEO (2001 to Jan. 2007)
Reported to the president, Office of the CEO
Senior Director, Strategic Marketing (1999)
Director, Strategic Marketing (1997)
Synopsis of Responsibilities:
Recognized industry leader at world’s largest enterprise software company who drove marketing programs and
price optimization strategies for Software and Services portfolio. Launched $100M SME product line. Managed
key relationships with Dell, Nokia, UK government, and Apple, generating $350M. Utilized change management
skills to mobilize and drive e-business initiative, saving $1B annually and improving margin 10%. Created
“customer advocacy” program, moving Oracle from last place to first and named “best in class” by
Computerworld. Helped to drive over $16B in acquisitions representing over 20 companies.
Business Development, M&A and Distribution
• Designed and implemented SME “go-to-market” initiatives for DB and AS SE One, and Special Edition
products (packaging, pricing, and promotions) - sales exceeded $100M annually.
• Led global channel programs strategy by building partnerships (Partners, VARs, ISVs – HP, Sun, IBM, Dell,
Nokia, etc.) and leveraging marketing programs to grow revenues by 20% and reduce sales costs.
• As a member of the executive steering committee for M&A, responsibilities included due diligence, CIC, and
post merger execution (e.g. PeopleSoft, Siebel, etc.). Drove sales bookings and managed operational
variances to meet revenue objectives.
• Led global marketing initiatives (horizontal and vertical markets) by managing multi-million dollar
branding promotions designed to support $15 B revenue target.
• Led market research analysis for corporate initiatives and designed corporate intelligence studies.
• Developed “customer advocacy” program that used bi-directional feedback to improve the customer
experience and grow share of wallet and standardize and improve online sales by 7%.
• Corporate spokesperson – owned communication strategy and defined global messaging. Maintained
superior relationships with top Press, Industry and Financial Analysts.
Global Pricing & Licensing Strategy and Operations
• Developed revenue enhancing pricing models and chaired Oracle Pricing Committees, responsible for $15B
in revenue comprised of License Sales, Consulting, Support, Outsourcing, and Education.
• Built a comprehensive set of sales tools including Oracle eSource – the Global Information Portal for all
Oracle Businesses. Built and implemented Oracle Lead Tracking System to measure campaign effectiveness.
Ameritech Corporation (AT&T), Hoffman Estates, IL 1994 – 1996
General Manager & Director, Product Management - Customer Premise Equipment
Reported to the President of Product Management
Synopsis of Responsibilities:
Ran a $630M P&L for Voice and Data Customer Premise Equipment (CPE) product lines and profitably executed
Retail and Enterprise units, for Ameritech, a multi-billion dollar telecommunications company. Doubled revenue
in first year by entering consumer market with branded private label products.
Product Management, Sales & Marketing
• Introduced 12 new products generating incremental revenue of $30M. Rolled out 3 new technologies to 3
alternate channels to stimulate additional sales of $40M.
• Gained 10 points margin, by driving operational efficiencies -- restructured vendor agreements, reduced
fulfillment costs, and streamlined product offerings. Outpaced revenue goals by 8%.
• Implemented new sales programs for more than 500 sales professionals, which improved run rates by 9 %.
• Led cross-functional team “Phoenix Project,” a new Centrex service offering. Developed media campaign,
sales programs, tools and training. Sales exceeded expectations by 13%.
• Managed 20 vendors and $8M marketing budget for CPE retail products.
• Re-engineered Ameritech’s CPE services maintenance platform. Established dedicated role to manage
maintenance services and launched 4 new products that drove $4M incremental revenue.
GTE Corporation (VERIZON), Thousand Oaks, CA 1986 – 1994
Marketing and Business Development Manager (1992 to 1994)
Reported to the GM, Eastern Area
Senior Marketing and Business Planning Analyst (1991 to 1992)
Financial Administrator, Internal Auditor, Accounting Unit Supervisor (1986 to 1990)
Synopsis of Responsibilities:
Marketing and Business Development
• Formulated solution-oriented account plans for Eastern Area, resulting in 20% sales growth. Constructed
market plans emphasizing the “world-class network” consultative account planning process, which
included: customer needs analysis, business application identification and value enhancement strategies.
Marketing and Business Planning
• Developed, tracked and managed over 230 sales and service budget centers for 700 employees and revenue
totaling $500M. Used customer needs, market trends and target account management to create profitable
pricing strategies that promoted margin growth by 3%.
Finance, Auditing, & Accounting
• Managed financial and operational audit staff and reported findings to executive management. Oversaw bi-
weekly payroll disbursements exceeding $31M.
University of Southern California Los Angeles, CA
Master of Business Administration. May 1993. Marshall School of Business. Concentration: Marketing &
Venture Management. Honors: USC Merit Fellowship, Dean’s List 1992 and 1993, Anheuser-Busch Dave Holt
Scholarship, Abraham-Sirkin Fellowship.
University of California, at Davis Davis, CA
Bachelor of Science. University of California, Davis. June 1985. Major: Managerial Economics.
Awards & Recognition:
• GE Capital Leadership award, 2008 (only corporate marketer to ever be recognized)
• Fortune Magazine, Featured as one of 50 Most Powerful Executives
• Marketing, by Tony Bennett (contributor)
• Named Global Alliance Partner of the Year 2005, Dell Corporation
• Oracle Sales Club Excellence Award, 2003-2006
• Wall Street Journal, Featured in WSJ’s In The Lead (Marketplace)
• Dean’s Council, John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University
• 50 Most Influential Americans in Technology
• Ebony, Featured as Fifteen Women at the Top in Corporate America
• Black Enterprise, Featured as 50 Most Powerful Black Female Executives