Professor Corporate Strategy (1,0 fte)
Position: Professor of Corporate Strategy
Institution: University of Nijmegen
Location: Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Vacancy number: 27.26.04
University of Nijmegen invites nominations and applications for a full professorship of
Corporate Strategy in the Nijmegen School of Management.
The focus of the position is on research and teaching in the field of Corporate Strategy,
where the international/global dimension is important. Topics that need to be covered are the
combinations of strategy, structure and governance in multi-business firms.
The ideal candidate will combine outstanding academic research and excellence in teaching.
- internationally recognized top researcher in the field of business administration or
business sciences (completed dissertation and a track record of publications in
international top journals)
- thorough understanding and clear vision of the broad field of Corporate Strategy
(including topics such as global/international strategy, strategic cooperation, strategic
- experienced manager of research projects/programs
- successful track record in the acquisition of 2nd and 3rd project funds
- experience in the acquisition and supervision of Ph.D. projects
- strong international network of academics in the field of Strategy
- excellence and passion in teaching
- clear vision on teaching in the full field of Strategy in both the Bachelor and the Master
- ability to translate and implement this vision in workable curriculum programming terms
- experience in educational management
- openness to and experience with alternative teaching forms (e.g. Internet as an
- Builder and cooperator: ability to design and manage teaching and research in
collaboration with others
- Open leadership: demonstrated management qualities in teaching and research
- Proven skills of how to operate in complex management and governance processes in
Fluency in English is an additional requirement. Foreign candidates are expected to learn
reading and speaking Dutch within two years after accepting the position. For a detailed
profile of this position please phone mrs. N.M. Merkus: +31-(0)24-3610101 or send an e-mail
to N.Merkus@nsm.kun.nl. For information about salary and other conditions, consider
http://www.hosting.kun.nl/ under vacatures (vacancies).
Location and Settings
The Nijmegen School of Management of the University of Nijmegen in The Netherlands is
an academic center of research and higher learning, particularly in the area of managerial
and institutional issues within complex organizations in both the public and private domain.
Seven different focus areas exist within the faculty: Business Administration, Public
Administration, Social and Political Sciences of the Environment, Economics, Political
Science, Human Geography, Spatial Planning.
The Strategy department is part of the section Strategy and Marketing (S&M). This section is
one of the largest sections of the Nijmegen School of Management and consists of approx 23
full time staff, of which about 10 are in the Strategy department. The research of the section
is concentrated in an integrated program, labeled Relationship Management.
The Strategy department provides courses in the Bachelor as well as in the Master
curriculum. Together with Marketing, a Master program Supply Chain Management is
offered. Approximately 80 students graduate each year in the Master programs within
Strategy and Supply Chain Management.
The research ambition of the section is to become internationally respected in the field of
relationship management and become an attractive research forum that external top
researchers are eager to visit. Publications are targeted for international top journals. The
research of the Strategy department is organized in the Center for Strategy and Alliances
(CSA), which is an integral part of the Relationship Management Research Program. CSA
focuses its research activities on Strategy, Alliances and Performance.
You can apply for the job (mention the vacancynumber 27.26.04) before 19-06-2004 by
sending your application to:
Faculteit der Managementwetenschappen/P&O
Postbus 9108, 6500 HK Nijmegen
For confidential discussions and additional information please call or e-mail to
Prof. dr. J. Bell
+ 31 24 3612028
The closing date for applications is June 19, 2004.