Canada Worksheet Name ____________________________
CIA World Fact Book
Size relative to U.S.:
Top five natural resources:
Languages (by percent):
Type of Government:
Chief of State:
Labor Force by Occupation:
Click on Weather Forecast and give the highest and lowest temperatures today.
Click on National Flag of Canada. Draw the flag in the space below.
Click on Elements of the Flag and explain why Canadians chose the maple leaf for their flag.
Click on National Anthem and then click on Listen to O Canada. (If you get a box asking for a
username and password, just click OK)
World Book Encyclopedia Article
1. How does Canada rank in area in the world?
2. Describe the variety of land features in Canada.
3. Describe the ancestors of Candadians.
4. Describe the natural resources of Canada.
5. What makes up the federation?
6. What kind of nation is Canada? When did Canada gain full independence?
7. What is the struggle between the U.S. and Canada?
The New Book of Knowledge
1. Why is Canada one of the most sparely settled countries?
2. What is the capital of Canada?
3. Who first colonized Canada?
4. Who struggled to control Canada and what was the outcome?
5. Who are the Inuit’s
6. What is the Official Languages Act?
7. Describe ice hockey in Canada.
8. Describe other sports in Canada.
9. List and describe the eight major landforms in Canada
A. ___________________ -
B. ___________________ -
C. ___________________ -
D. ___________________ -
E. ___________________ -
F. ___________________ -
G. ___________________ -
H. ___________________ -
10. What is a basin and what are the four major basins in Canada?
11. Describe the climate in the following regions.
A. Extreme northern:
B. Maritime provinces:
C. Southern Quebec and Ontario:
D. Deep Interior Plains
E. West Coast
12. What are the most abundant resources in Canada?
List 15 more important facts about Canada that you learn from any of these web