WELCOME TO BERRY BROOK HOUSE
CARAVAN CLUB CL SITE
Graham and Jo Hughes hope that you have an enjoyable stay.
In an emergency we can be contacted on
07800 600767 or 07855 745504.
Inside this welcome pack you will find:
- useful information on local amenities and local places of interest and
- our site rules (there aren’t many but we hope that you realise that they are there for your
safety and enjoyment as much as anything else!)
Please note that we grow our own fruit & veg, have eggs from our chickens and sometimes cider and
damson wine, which you are able to purchase. Please enquire for seasonal varieties!
Useful information on local amenities
Food shops Turn right out of the drive. Straight over the roundabout. The Tesco Express is
on the petrol forecourt on the right hand side. For Sainsbury’s, see directions
below under heading of ‘clothes shops’.
Petrol station As above for the Tesco Express.
Cash machine As above for the Tesco Express.
Chemist Park at the Tesco Express and cross over the pedestrian traffic lights. Turn left
and the chemist is on the right.
Newsagent Next to the chemist.
Fruit and veg Next to the newsagent (or see Essington Fruit Farm – under places to eat below),
or our own home grown – see above!
Takeaways Turn right out of the drive. Take the 2nd exit off the roundabout and turn
immediately left to park. There is a chip shop and a Chinese on the right hand
side. Cross over the road for the Indian, another Chinese and Dominos pizza.
For McDonalds follow the signs to the Tesco Express and McDonalds is
immediately after it.
Post Office Follow the signs for the Tesco Express and the Post Office is just before it on the
right hand side. There is limited parking in front of it, or you can park at the
Tesco Express petrol station.
Butchers See Essington Fruit Farm – under places to eat below.
Laundrette Turn right out of the drive. Follow A460 towards Wolverhampton. Turn right at
the traffic lights by Co-op. It’s on the right hand side a little further along.
Clothes shops/cinema These are located at Bentley Bridge in Wednesfield, approx 5-10 mins drive.
Turn right out of drive. Follow signs to Wednesfield and once in Wednesfield
follow signs to Bentley Bridge. There is also a Sainsbury’s here.
Hospital/Doctors New Cross Hospital, Wednesfield. Turn right out of the drive and follow signs
to Wednesfield, and the hospital is signposted. Doctors telephone is 01902
Buses/trains Turn right out of the drive. Cross the road for a short walk to the bus stop for the
no.70 Arriva bus to Wolverhampton. Runs approx every 30 mins and takes
approx 15 mins (we have a timetable if you need it). For the train station turn
right out of drive, continue on A460. At Wolverhampton bear left on the A449,
then follow the ring road and the signs to the station. Approx 10-15 mins by car.
Places to Eat
(prices may fluctuate from those shown)
Essington Fruit Farm Lunches Tuesday to Sunday. Evening meal on a Thursday. Also sells fruit
and veg and has a butcher’s department. Turn left out of the drive. Right at
roundabout. Keep going and you’ll find it on the left hand side. (<2 miles)
The New Pear Tree Cheap and cheerful – two for £10 meals. Turn right out of the drive. Keep
going and you’ll find it on the left hand side. (<1 mile)
The Fox & Anchor A ‘Vintage Inn’ pub. Nice location by the canal and reasonable meals
(approx £8). Follow the A449 to Stafford. At the first mini roundabout
turn right and it’s on the left. (5-10 mins drive)
The Mary Rose pub Selected meals 2-4-£10 Monday to Saturday. Follow directions for
Essington Fruit Farm above. Keep going until you come to the roundabout.
Turn left. Turn left at T-junction. Straight over traffic lights. Immediately
turn right into Old Landywood Lane. Turn left into Upper Landywood
Lane. First left again into Moons Lane. Pub on left hand side. (<5m
approx 10-15 mins drive)
Table Table An old Brewer’s Fayre pub. Good selection of meals. Go up M54 to
junction 2. Turn left and left at the first set of traffic lights. Entrance by the
Premier Inn. (2-4 £10 offer for lunch/early evening)
The Newbridge pub A tudor pub with a carvery for £3.59! Excellent value for money & cheap
drinks too. Postcode for satnav: WV6 0JU. Approx 15mins. Take A460 to
Wolverhampton, then A449 right ring road and take A41. Pub on right.
Places of Interest
Moseley Old Hall Turn left out of drive. Turn left at first roundabout. Turn right at sign.
Wightwick Manor Postcode: WV6 8EE Telephone: 01902 761400
Boscobel House Postcode: ST19 9AR Telephone: 01902 850244
Shugborough Hall Postcode: ST17 0XB Telephone: 01889 881388
Weston Park Postcode: TF11 8LE Telephone: 01952 852100
Cosford Air Museum Postcode: TF11 8UP Telephone: 01902 376 200
Please note that we have a stock of leaflets for other local places of interest. Please ask us if you would
like to see them.
Our site rules
1) You must comply with caravan club rules
2) Admittance is only granted on receipt of your membership number
3) Departures by 12pm and arrivals after 12pm, unless by prior arrangement. (If you plan to arrive
after 8pm, then please inform us, so that we can ensure the gates are open)
4) Fees are due in full on arrival for the entire length of stay booked
5) Maximum speed on the drive is 10mph
6) If you find a gate shut, then please close it after you. If you find it open, then leave it open!
7) Do not feed any animals – most of them do not belong to us!
8) Please do not wander onto the rest of the farmland. It does not belong to us!
9) Please recycle wherever possible. By the greenhouse you will find two compost bins, a bin for
recycling plastic bottles, glass and cans, and a bag for paper and cardboard. All other waste can
be deposited in the black bins
10) Please use your waste water container for all waste water from your caravan and dispose of it in
the grey water disposal point. Your plot today maybe tomorrows play area for children.
11) We take no responsibility for the safety of your caravan, car (or other vehicles), contents or
personal safety of you or any visitors (unless personal injury is caused by our negligence) whilst
on the site. You are advised to make use of your own security measures such as wheel locks
and take reasonable precautions for your own safety whilst on the site
12) BBQs are allowed provided that a responsible adult supervises them and that necessary
precautions are taken, for example, proper extinguishing and disposal after use
13) Damages must be paid for
14) Non-compliance with these rules may result in us asking you to leave and fees will not be
repaid in these circumstances
15) You are responsible for the actions of your children. Please supervise them at all times. The
house has a moat around it. There is an electric fence. There is a ‘wood pile’ by the entrance.
All of these can be ‘exciting’ adventures for children but can be hazardous if not respected
16) Children are welcome to play games in the paddock – but please ensure that they respect our
neighbours and fellow caravanners
17) Do not allow your children to touch or feed any animals - especially the horses
18) Children may not play on the drive or wander up it unsupervised. We only have a right of
access over the drive and many other people and livestock use it
19) The log cabin, trampoline, greenhouse, dog agility equipment and the fenced off area with the
chickens are all private. Do not allow your children to play or wander in these areas
20) Dogs MUST be kept on leads at all times. No matter how well behaved your dog is, we have a lot of
livestock, including free range ducks, geese, guinea fowl, horses etc. Our land backs onto land that is
owned by someone else and dogs off the lead can cause a nuisance to others.
21) Dogs can be exercised on the driveway, provided they are on the lead. We only have a right of access
over the driveway and it is used by other people, eg horse owners and the farm dogs.
22) Dog mess must be cleared up and disposed of in the ‘general waste’ bin. We have a stock of poo bags
should you need them.
23) If you wish to exercise your dog off the lead, then go up the drive and turn left. After a short walk (<5
mins) you will come to a bridleway on the left hand side (immediately after the houses on the left end.)
This takes you to Northycote Farm, where there are woods and fields where dogs can be exercised.
Please keep dogs under control as there are also livestock here.
24) We have lots of families enjoying our site with young children, so please do not allow your dog to foul
on the site, including using the newly planted trees or banks where flowers have been planted.