School Improvement 3:50 PM– 4:50 PM
Team (SIT) Meeting Media Center
Old Business Ms. Cutini
SACHS preparation will be starting, visit November 2011; SIT needs a co-chair; How is each department
targeting low performing students; Skipping consequence is ISS 3-4th period – looking for suggestions for
alternatives; Open House schedule for EFHS needed to be re-examined in order to best serve students,
parents, and teachers
Last meeting minutes approved; Open House schedule will remain status quo unless a suitable suggestion is
Rescue Our Animals Rights (R.O.A.R.) was presented by Jaime Davis (senior). Purpose of the club would
provide students the opportunity to raise money and volunteer for local shelters. Ms. King is the faculty
Photography Club was presented by Shelby Broughton (sophomore) and Taylor Saunders (sophomore).
Purpose of the club would be providing an option for students unable to access the Career Center for the
photography class. Club would have leadership roles rather than officers and would collect dues of
$10/student member to cover the cost of trips and supplies. Trips would be off campus, during non-school
hours, providing members with opportunities to take photos of various landscapes. Mrs. Ellis is the faculty
Conclusions: SIT members voted on both clubs.
Footbag (Hackey Sack) Club student representative was not present, so proposal is tabled until next meeting.
Action items: Both clubs passed the vote.
CoChair Nominations Mr. Jasso
Julie Riggins and Jennifer Cresimore have been suggested as candidates for SIT co-chair.
Conclusions: Kelly will send out an email to the faculty so they can vote online
Action items: Person responsible: Deadline:
Faculty will vote for SIT co-chair Faculty ASAP
Constitution and ByLaws Mr. Jasso
Discussion: Mr. Jasso suggested amending the SIT by-laws to reflect a new position of Research Assistant.
This person would be responsible for collecting and reporting data needed for SACHS and decision making.
Names of those interested should be sent to SIT representatives to be voted on by the entire faculty.
Because SACHS requires a copy of accurate SIT by-laws, the suggestion was made to leave off the number of
parents and business community members required for attendance to allow for a broad interpretation.
Providing a maximum number was also suggested.
Conclusions: Actual numbers will be tabled until further research is made into what is required for SIT.
Action items: SIT voted to add research assistant and allow faculty Person responsible: Deadline:
Stephanie Wallace will Next
research specific faculty
numbers of parents and meeting
Budget Ms. Gainey
Discussion: Going over budget for copier use is preventing EFHS from having money to invest in new
technology. Because some people are not careful when using the copiers, the machines are becoming
damaged – hence the need to tracking who uses which copier. The issue of what to do should the copier you
are assigned to is out of order was discussed, and unless people are willing to report wrongful use to help
keep our copiers in good repair, assigning machines is the only solution at this time.
Conclusions: Faculty need to be responsible and report needed repairs of the copiers.
Action items: Faculty who have not let Ms. Harden know which
copier they would like to be assigned to must do so ASAP
Data needed for SACHS was discussed. Faculty needs to get their attendance completed on time daily because
we will get audited from central office. In department meetings, subject areas need to discuss the several
options open for the schedule for the 2011-2012 school year, as well as exams, being proactive with discipline,
and how to handle media attention regarding MRSA at East. Staff will vote on 2 representatives from EFHS to be
part of a committee with others in the county to decide about the schedule for next year – the goals of the new
schedule are to save money and save jobs. Video clips on bullying will be coming available soon. Thank you
faculty for helping out with the email notice regarding bullying.