ATI TEAS V Testing Information for IU Bloomington Students
applying for Fall, 2012
1. Indiana University will begin using the ATI TEAS V test as part of the application process for
Spring, 2012 and Fall, 2012. The Test of Essential Academic Skills V is required to apply to the
School of Nursing. No other version of the TEAS test can be accepted. You may take the TEAS
V test no more than 2 times in a two year period. For your nursing application, the composite
score of your second test will be used.
2. The deadline for taking the exam if you are applying for Fall, 2012 is March 8, 2012. You should
register to take the test once during the fall, 2012 semester. If you want to retake the exam,
you should do so in January, February or March, 2012. The January, February and March
testing dates will not be available until later this semester. You will be notified by email when
the dates are finalized.
3. There are 170 questions on the exam that cover reading, math, science and English. You will
have 209 minutes to complete the exam.
4. If you previously have taken the TEAS V test and want to transfer your results to IU CORE TEAS
for your application, please contact a Nursing Advisor for instructions on this process.
5. Special Accommodations: If you need special accommodations for the exam, please contact the
School of Nursing advisor for specific instructions at least 4-6 weeks in advance of the date you
wish to take the exam.
6. Create an account with ATI at www.atitesting.com.
a. You will use this username and password for all ATI exams that you take while a student
in the School of Nursing, so keep this information.
b. IMPORTANT: Use your ten digit IU identification number for your username. DO NOT
USE LETTERS IN YOUR USERNAME FOR YOUR ATI ACCOUNT.
c. IMPORTANT!!!! - Institution – select IU CORE TEAS (not IN U Bloomington).
d. You can purchase study materials and practice tests (Online Store – the link is in the top
right corner of the ATI home page).
e. There is more than one version of the TEAS test. Be sure you select TEAS V items only.
a. Fees may be paid by debit card (MC & VISA only) or credit card (MC, VISA, Discover and
i. Exam - $70 for each exam
ii. Study Guide - $44
iii. Practice Test - $37 each
iv. Study Package - $88 (2 practice tests and study guide)
v. Requesting results from another TEAS V site -$25
Testing Dates for October, November and December, 2012:
TEAS V testing dates for October, November and December have been scheduled. IUB students
should plan to take the test in Bloomington. These dates are not yet available for registration
on the ATI website but will be available for registration later this week (www.atitesting.com).
There are only enough test dates scheduled for current pre-nursing students to take the test
once this semester. DO NOT PROCRASTINATE IN REGISTERING FOR A TEST. If you wait until
November or December there may not be a test date for you. Registration is on a first-come,
first-served basis. Be sure to read the “learn more” link on the ATI Registration website for
information on location, what to bring to the test, what type of identification is required, etc. If
you have questions about the registration process please email ONLY ONE nursing advisor with
We will cover the TEAS V testing registration process in the Mandatory Application Information
· Friday, October 7, 2011 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
· Saturday, October 8, 2011 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
· Friday, October 21, 2011 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
· Saturday, October 22, 2011 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
· Friday, October 28, 2011 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
· Saturday, October 29, 2011 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
· Friday, November 4, 2011 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
· Saturday, November 5, 2011 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
· Friday, November 11, 2011 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
· Friday, November 18, 2011 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
· Saturday, November 19, 2011 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
· Friday, December 2, 2011 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
· Saturday, December 3, 2011 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
· Thursday, December 8, 2011 5:00 PM – 9:00 PM
· Saturday, December 10, 2011 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Please note: When you register for the TEAS V test, you will receive a receipt that will tell
you the location/date/time of your test. Please hang on to this so you remember where your
test will be and the time of your test.
If you haven’t setup your ATI account and ordered your study materials, please do
Be sure you register for a test date that works for your schedule. There are no
refunds and your test date cannot be rescheduled.
· If you need to request accommodation for the test, you need to contact a nursing
advisor 4-6 weeks before the test you have registered to take.
· If you have taken the TEAS V test at another location and wish to have those results
sent to IU, please contact a nursing advisor for instructions.
Please let us know if you have any questions. If you need to contact an advisor, please email
ONLY ONE advisor with your questions.
Debbie and Leslie
Deborah Hrisomalos, RN, MSN, MBA
Sycamore Hall 401
1033 E. Third Street
Bloomington, IN 47405
Leslie Hobbs-Ramsey, MS
Indiana University School of Nursing
Sycamore Hall 436
1033 E. Third Street
Bloomington, IN 47405